Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

The Speed of Kyosho Twin Storm?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

The Speed of Kyosho Twin Storm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:24 PM
khkim0102

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Speed of Kyosho Twin Storm?

Hello, men!

I am sorry for posting many question. But I am wondering how fast a Kyosho GP Twin Storm is?

And is an "Option Version" of Twin Storm noticeablely faster and worthwhile to spend more money on this version for better reliability and performence?

If I install a 21 class engine (the stock one is 15 class), how faster is it?

Thank you very much for your attnetion.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Spetz

Default RE: The Speed of Kyosho Twin Storm?

I have a Kyosho Blue Streak which had a .16 engine standard and I put a OS .15 into it
I haven't played with high nitro, or changed props around, but I can tell you it's not a great boat. Given the chance again I'd never buy it

I am sure it can perform better than it does now, but it's never going to be great
Old 08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
khkim0102

Thank you Spetz for your response.

I am quite surprised to hear that. What were the negaitve sides of your Kyosho boat? And how fast is it?

Any recommendation for a really good, fast, and rock-solid nitro boat?

Thanks again.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Spetz

I just checked out the Kyosho Twin Storm and it's very similar to my Blue Streak

Firstly, it's a plastic hull and it keeps getting tiny cracks everywhere. I think it's a matter of time before it gets to a point that it's unusable
Secondly, that inboard outdrive system is rubbish. It wears out too quickly (the U joint) and if you hit something in the water it's easy to break

As far as speed, I didn't measure it but from looking at it I doubt it's going any more than 20km/h. I am sure with tweaking and playing around I can probably get it to go around 30ish km/h but that's realistically still too slow

Now, what nitro boat to get. I guess it depends where you're running it and your budget.
The Aquacraft SV27 Nitro seems pretty good and is fast and reliable, and in RTR (with remote etc) it's under $300
If I was buying a boat and I was on a budget, I'd try and get a Shockwave 36 which is pretty big (I personally like the bigger size). You can find this on ebay for $320 in RTR or so and shipping isn't too much. I hear these boats have some common flaws but are fixable
If my budget was higher, I'd get a gas boat, the Rio 51 because I read it's good + it's a very nice looking boat and very big. I think this one is about $700 RTR
Old 08-03-2008, 02:00 PM
khkim0102

Hi, Spetz, thanks again for your attention.

What are the common flaws on Shock Wave 36? I am clinging to a SW 36, but I don't want to have problems.

I got many problems on my Nitro Hammer, so that I had to replace many parts, and then, eventually the engine, too.

So I cannot trust the qualuty of the products of Aqua Craft.

I hope SW 36 would be a good choice. Let me know what the common problems of this boat are.

Thank you again!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Spetz

I am not too sure on the problems, there is a SW36 thread here with heaps of info
But from what I can remember, I think the flex shaft breaks, but a new one isn't too expensive and should be more reliable