Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

i need a good CHEAP boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

i need a good CHEAP boat

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:59 PM
rotor head33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need a good CHEAP boat

this will be just somthing to drive around a lake it doesnt need to be fancy. only a .15, company doesnt really matter just need somthing i could make or get parts for and as far as outboard or inline drive-train i really dont car. also does anyone know anything about this boat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Remote-Contr...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
misshydro

Default RE: i need a good CHEAP boat

stay the heck way from that junk boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:'(][X(] its realy bad!![X(] they riped off alot of people by there fails claimes!!!!!![X(][:@] There belt blow off bad bearings!!!!And there slow as heck too!![:@] Theres a big thread on that boat,and its not good...very bad reports on them... You can get a Miss Vegas for 279.00 or less!! Made by aquacraft!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 PM
rotor head33

i was lookin at a miss vegas but i dont really need that much boat. i do love it though. the only reason i need somthing small is because one guy by me races large scale gassers and a kid wants my help with getting his boat running. soo i figured id find somthin cheap just to give him a challenge. hes runin an old school traxxas i think but i just want somthin cheap. thanks for the info on that boat. any ideas on somthing possibly under 200? prolly not but maybe?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
misshydro

get one used on ebay then..even a proboat hydro you can find they cheap on ebay too..Get a used boat then..
Old 10-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This is one boat that most members on here will tell you to stay away from. You might as well take the money and set it on fire. The boat will have a life of maybe 2 runs before it starts falling apart if you're lucky.
First, it won't go anywhere near the advertised "up to 45 MPH", more like a top end of 17-19 MPH. Cheap plastic all the way through. Terrible radio system. The lower unit has bushings in it that wear out quickly and toss the belts so you're out 2 different parts which they sell at a very high price.
Read the return policy very carefully as you'll see that you're outta luck once but actually before you open the box. The warranty is void once it's shipped overseas. Guess where it comes from? If you don't like it, you pay to ship it back and only then will they only exchange it for another one and you pay the shipping for that one also.
Do a search in this forum for "Dolphin" and you'll see a lot of postings on this (I use the term loosely) boat.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:41 PM
wakeboardfusion
My Feedback: (2)

ive got a proboat shockwave 36 im willing to sell.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 PM
rotor head33

for how much or would you take a trade? pics please [email protected]. i must say though i wont spend alot so let me know what the lowest you will take is
Old 10-14-2008, 07:30 PM
rotor head33

i was thinking of a kysosho nitro viper. anything else cheap yall suggest
Old 10-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

I would look for an aquacraft or proboat on ebay, depending on water conditions and what you want out of a boat will determine wether to get a hydro or to get a mono, or a cat...I believe the nitro vipers where kinda crappy as well, I spent alot of time and effort on a nitro vee and it never really amounted to much, once I got a good quaility mono I wont go back to anything with an ABS hull, I just picked up a mono for a 120 bucks shipped, but thats without a radio, also I will suggest being patient in finding one, and you will get a great deal eventually...I was looking for about a month before finding the one I just bought...
Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend getting a good boat 2nd hand. Trust me, I have tried to do things on the cheap before and almost without fail it results in dissapointment and a higher total cost to replace the dud you bought trying to save money. Get a 2nd hand miss vegas, SV27 or something similar. If this is too expensive then save up some more. You will regret buying a lower grade model.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

The last thing you need is a good, cheap boat. You may think you want a good, cheap boat, but after you part with you cash you will wish you hadn't. Especially if it's an ebay "generic" boat. What you really need is a good, well built, fun boat, something that will give you pleasure without the feeling you have just been had (ripped off). I have made my thoughts known on this other thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5666972/tm.htm
Cheap boats are simply a waste of money in my books.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen to what Noahdear is telling you. The term "good and cheap" do not go together in our hobby. Cheap is usually junk. You either get lucky and find a good price on a used boat that you are familiar with or save your money and get a boat with a good reputation. For me that's one that I built myself. If you want a ready to run boat, tread carefully. You should get good advise from fun boaters that have RTR's.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 PM
rotor head33

im pretty set on the miss vegas so we'll see how it goes i have to sell a few cars first
Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

oh, also I see no one has mentioned that conditions on that lake you will be running on should be a consideration as well, while a hydro is good it wont fair very well in choppy water, at least not one that size...I dont know how familiar with boat setup you are, I still would consider myself an amature, as I have only ever owned monos, and flat bottom boats, but from what I have read hydros are a little more involved as far as setup and tweaking, plus even though a mono is only setup to turn right, it can turn left fairly well if you need to or are running for sport and just wanna drive in a different pattern then an oval, where as a hydro only has the turn fin on the right sponson and could flip if turned left at a high speed...just some stuff to consider, if tge waters calm though the added setup with a hydro could be a plus as tweaking and tuning can be fun and you'll learn stuff as you go so it just depends on what you want really.