Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

blackjack 26 ss water retention

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

blackjack 26 ss water retention

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:28 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blackjack 26 ss water retention

I just got my blackjack 26 ss about 2 weeks ago and have had it out at the pond alot. I really got to say I like this boat what I don't like is the crappy tiger drive. What a pain in the ass, more crap to carry to the pond. After I get a baseline on the boat I'm ripping the stock engine out and putting in a new one. My question is this boat seems to take on a lot of water which is odd. Is anybody else experiencing this also? When I pull the flexshaft out to grease it I'm gonna check around maybe adding some grease to the shaft will prevent water from coming in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92865.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1194046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39136.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1194047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91320.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1194048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20100.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1194049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf52318.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1194050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar11054.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1194051  
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 PM
racer504
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: blackjack 26 ss water retention

I had a friend who had a similar problem. It's probably not coming in around the flex shaft, at least not a significant amount and you should always grease it anyway. What we found was the strut has a small gap between the the front of the strut and the transom. When the boat moves forward the water catches in that opening (like a water pickup) and squirts up the back of the transom and goes under the protrusion on the back of the cowl (under the words "Pro Boat") filling the boat as you run it. On his, we stuffed a small piece of pool noodle in the opening and that took care of it. There may be an adjustment to eliminate the opening, but I don't know that for sure. If when you run your boat, you have this cool little spout of water going straight up behind your boat, this is definately your problem. Mike
Old 05-07-2009, 08:47 PM
pcg33k

Default RE: blackjack 26 ss water retention

Thanks racer, as a matter of fact there is a stream of water shooting straight up and I kinda thought thats where it might be coming in. I'll try the noodle.