Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Bearing question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Bearing question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
1150ap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing question

Is there any way to test to see if a bearing is the cause of engine always leaning out no matter how rich the carb is set.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Sublime_Slayer

Default RE: Bearing question

Usually if the bearing leaks out nitro or after run oil it could be a sign that the bearing also leaks air. I have heard of some guys on the Traxxas Slayer forum say that they use ceramic bearings and avoid that problem. I don't remember who makes them or which model # they are but that problem has been addressed on that particular forum. I have not been around this forum long enough, nor have I searched that problem on this forum. It might be here, somewhere. It isn't much help but I hope it gives you another place to look.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
buggy fanatic
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Bearing question

the bearing does'nt actually seal a vacum,the crank to block clearance with a film of oil provides the seal.some of the 3.3 traxxas engines i've messed with came with excessive clearance so it took a sealed bearing to fix the problem[mostly from boca bearing]you can spray nitro cleaner around the suspected leak area with the engine running and it will either speed way up or instantly die.