Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

first run frustrations

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

first run frustrations

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:59 PM
andybenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first run frustrations

hey guys, after building my own 19 inch dumas mini V knock off. and planting a traxxas pro .15 with a cut down air cooled head and a stock tuned pipe, i ran my boat for the first time.

the octura x440 was alot of prop for my all stock motor, so i removed it and threw in my ported and polished version still on a stock tuned pipe which made it a little better.

after about ten minuets of half to full throttle running i turned the boat back intowards me and it just died. all at once.
i checked the drive train for snags, catches and rough spots, and ive got nothing. so i turned to the engine. i restart it, let it warm up for a second and i get another 10 minuets of run before it just kills over again.

after oacking everything up i went home and pulled the motor. i replaced it with the stock cooling head and threw it back in the stampede and it ran fine for 3 tanks consecutive tanks with no issues,

so im only having problems with the tuned motor, in the boat. im wondering if its injesting water, or if its over heating due to the cut cooling head.

any ideas?

also can some one give me a link to a tuned pipe that will work well with this traxxas motor?
any input is great, thanks guys
Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 AM
advanced builder

Default RE: first run frustrations

Andy , Most of the .12-.15 need no waterlines, just nitro. Here is good link http://www.mecoa.com/acc/pipes/marinepipe.htm
Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
andybenton

ok thanks. im thinking i just ingested water scince its so much faster with the modded engine.

im going to put my air cleaner back on it and run it today and see what i can figure out. if i had a temp gun i could eliminate that factor but i dont think its running any hotter than it normally did
Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 PM
advanced builder

Do the spit test, after a run, spit on the plug & head button ,slow bubble is OK
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 PM
andybenton

lol i ran it again today with no real problems, i ran it slow, fast, inbetween, no problems with the air cleener on. im guessing it was just ingestiong water. im ok for it to look funny as a boat with an air cleaner haha.