Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

.12 Texan video

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

.12 Texan video

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Glenn Quarles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .12 Texan video

Friends here is a quick video we took of the first test run with a stock motor running the smallest .12 car carb. I have several races coming up at high altitudes and wanted to see if the smaller carb will run OK and give me a little more consistancy. This is not the best place to run boats (kinda narrow and with a bend to the left), but was the smoothest water I could find (still not too smooth). You have seen comments about the importance of getting motors up to proper temp...in the video you will hear me say that the motor is running rich and then a short while later is finally gets up to temp and you can hear the very noticable increase in speed and RPM. This is the wire drive boat for those that have asked me about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2YAcAgm42Y

Glenn
Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 AM
amax

Default RE: .12 Texan video

NICE!!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I learned a lot in that short video Glenn. One thing that I did notice was your header as I saw the first time I watched it how short your pipe appeared to be until I looked again at the header that you're using. That's where you and I discussed the length of the pipe settings a while back and how you measured yours. Mine does a 180 right off the flange where yours goes out some before making the turn.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 AM
advanced builder

Can't beat them Nova Rossi. A great engine,out of the box. Them rocks make me nervous.at turn 3 good driving
Old 05-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Glenn Quarles

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I learned a lot in that short video Glenn. One thing that I did notice was your header as I saw the first time I watched it how short your pipe appeared to be until I looked again at the header that you're using. That's where you and I discussed the length of the pipe settings a while back and how you measured yours. Mine does a 180 right off the flange where yours goes out some before making the turn.
Ron, you are right...with the Associated header, etc the distance from the side of the head to the high point will need to be a bit longer.

Glenn
Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Glenn Quarles

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Can't beat them Nova Rossi. A great engine,out of the box. Them rocks make me nervous.at turn 3 good driving
Thanks! It probably wasn't as close as it looks. And the boat drives super easy so it is comfortable to drive like that.

Glenn
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
misshydro

Ron I have the same header and tune pipe..can't wait to run my .12..maybe next weekend to run.. trying to get some colors on by the mid of this week.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Well, that boat runnin' is good and all. But, the real question is, "How was the fishin?"

JD
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Glenn Quarles

Hey Uncle Jerry, we caught about 10 in the next hour or so after we ran the boat, but Sunday we caught around 50 with the two biggest at 5 lb 6 oz and 5 lb 7 oz.

Come visit sometime!!!

GQ