Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Craig,

How many members does SPMBC have?

Joe
Good question. We ended the season with 16 paid members, but there are some more interested for 2013. Some new members are coming to the Jan 6th meeting. I'll know a little more after that meeting as people start paying their 2013 dues.

Cindy is organizing a member e-mail list. She can send that to you if you would like it.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
advanced builder

Anyone that is running a .45 JAE next season ,I have a NIB CMB pipe ,not being used ,cheap- by Hi sell low is my motto
Old 12-21-2012, 03:24 PM
gassertom

Neil - how low can you go for that pipe?
T&C
Old 12-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We need to come up with some sort of contest for this winter. Maybe a max speed SAW with a given power source? Something fun.

Consider these:

High end- Stock Zenoah, any hull type, size or configuration.

Low end- 2 cell LiPo, any motor or ESC, any hull type, size or configuration.

Fastest straight line pass wins a real prize.

Give it some thought and let's come up with something to work on this winter. The goal would be to get the club (or district) involved in something fun.

Maybe even teams or clubs?

We can run them in late April or late May...

The power source should be something everybody already has, or can obtain at the lowest possible cost.

Let's kick it around...

Joe
Old 12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Neil - how low can you go for that pipe?
T&C
I can hold it till spring. or when needed. Or at the meeting. also a older brand.45 pipe- uncut maker unknown .
Tom ,we should ask everyone what hulls they have and what the plan on running next season. to get a ideal as who has what.
your .45 Picco ,will be ready by Jan6th All new bearings and modified to the best I can
setting the case next to a new CMB case ,smaller intake channels ,not by much ,you should be OK The EXR Picco is not worth rebuilding, tiny ports.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 PM
gassertom

Neil - great idea about who has what for 2013 season.  One more thing to talk about on Jan. 6th.

Joe - like the winter contest idea.  

Or how 'bout a "run what you brung saw/ oval" Sunday once a month?  Can discuss on the 6th too.

T&C
Old 12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Blackout

We need to come up with some sort of contest for this winter. Maybe a max speed SAW with a given power source? Something fun.

Consider these:

High end- Stock Zenoah, any hull type, size or configuration.

Low end- 2 cell LiPo, any motor or ESC, any hull type, size or configuration.

Fastest straight line pass wins a real prize.

Give it some thought and let's come up with something to work on this winter. The goal would be to get the club (or district) involved in something fun.

Maybe even teams or clubs?

We can run them in late April or late May...

The power source should be something everybody already has, or can obtain at the lowest possible cost.

Let's kick it around...

Joe
Interesting idea. We'll need to talk about this at the meeting.

I have a similar idea for our "big" race on August 10-11 involving teams and a large traveling trophy. I was talking to someone about it while shoveling dirt off the island, could have been you, Joe. You may have even brought it up and sparked something in my head... I don't remember....

With regard to our "big" race. I hope to find out by Jan 6th whether it will be the D1 Championship or our 1st Annual Great Laker..... Luc hopes to do the D1 drawing before Jan 6th, but he is waiting on some of the other clubs to send their paperwork in.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 PM
engineman351

Craig...Keep us posted on the water level!! I'm in for New Years if we get a spate of 40 degrees!! We cannot let Rick have ALL the fun!!!

Joe... I like the SAW idea. I think traveling trophies for SAW...for different types of hull/engine combos...

- Run what ya brung
- Top Nitro
- Top Gas
- Legal T-Boat
- ???

I used to do the Grassroots Motor Sports Challenge and the coveted trophies were made out of wire, painted play-doh, and car parts/hardware. They could have bases that hold name/date plates for the winners as the 'records' are made and then the trophy travels to the next record holder. Roger C.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Canadian LoCo

Hey guys if your looking for trophies this site could be a great option check it out.
I was going to get some from them for our club but then found out about the shipping to Canada OUCH[&:]
http://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/indexmain.html
Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Hey guys if your looking for trophies this site could be a great option check it out.
I was going to get some from them for our club but then found out about the shipping to Canada OUCH[&:]
I can forward this but it will fall on deaf ears. NO financial disclosure but have been collecting race money for 25 years Stony pond has gotten NO donations for any New York D1 club. Only Canadian clubs have given a donation Yet wanted a $1.00 kickback from Stony pond members. *** Do you believe it. All this will be brought up Jan6th Any Canadian D1 member is welcome to come. Luc if you want to come your welcome. I talk to you weekly anyways.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Parshallwoodworks built trophys for the pattern contest this year at the flying club..................
just sayin........."donated...".......
Rick
I have an A-Box hull on the bench.... And a JAE.45... LOOKIN full again.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Joe Petro

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

[I have an A-Box hull on the bench.... And a JAE.45... LOOKIN full again.
Sweet!

A little birdie told me that your work looks excellent up close. Just what we need for the trade shows!

Joe
Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Joe Petro

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I can forward this but it will fall on deaf ears. NO financial disclosure but have been collecting race money for 25 years Stony pond has gotten NO donations for any New Your D1 club. Only Canadian clubs Yet wanted a $1.00 kickback from Stony pond members. *** Do you believe it. All this will be brought up Jan6th Any Canadian D1 member is welcome to come. Luc if you want to come your welcome. I talk to you weekly anyways.
I don't know if I fully understand this, but are you saying that there are clubs in D1 that want a part of SP dues?
I am not aware of any type of program like this. Why would this be?
Are they offering "protection"?

You want I should bust their kneecaps?

Joe
Old 12-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Joe Petro

The above comment about busting kneecaps was a joke. I do not do that sort of thing... Generally...

Joe
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Blackout

I can forward this but it will fall on deaf ears. NO financial disclosure but have been collecting race money for 25 years Stony pond has gotten NO donations for any New Your D1 club. Only Canadian clubs Yet wanted a $1.00 kickback from Stony pond members. *** Do you believe it. All this will be brought up Jan6th Any Canadian D1 member is welcome to come. Luc if you want to come your welcome. I talk to you weekly anyways.
I don't know if I fully understand this, but are you saying that there are clubs in D1 that want a part of SP dues?
I am not aware of any type of program like this. Why would this be?
Are they offering ''protection''?

You want I should bust their kneecaps?

Joe
PM sent. We'll discuss further at the meeting.

____

Water still flowing into Stony Pond. [8D]
Old 12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
parshallboatworks

And so it begins... The birth of a ZIPPKITS A-BOX Crackerbox...And you all thought i would stop posting pics...LOL!!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Joe Petro

I really like the way that design came together.

If you start in the morning, you can have the boat ready to cut off the jig and flip by the end of the day.
Most of that time is waiting for the epoxy to cure. I let the 30 minute set for 3 hours.

It looks like we will have enough boats for a class next year. Gas Crackerbox is a blast!

You are a building machine, Rick...

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70576.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1832901  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:52 AM
advanced builder

Looks like my 6 hull winter build record will be broken. Keep it up Rick and were not even to the new year yet.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 AM
parshallboatworks

Looks like my 6 hull winter build record will be broken. Keep it up Rick and were not even to the new year yet.
MERRY CHRISTMAS Neil!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Canadian LoCo

Yup it's that time I would like to wish you ALL

Old 12-23-2012, 10:09 AM
parshallboatworks

Hi guys, I have a friend who is looking for a 1/8 scale hydro kit.... for a .67 size engine (nitro)... future member of SPMBC....
Help us out...
Rick
Old 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM
advanced builder

MERRY CHRISTMAS Neil!!![img][/img]
back at ya Mr Rick I have 1/8 Dumas Atlas Van Lines that is in mint condition. all built ,It could use another clear coat. but done. Price ??? I don't think I'll ever run her again. Let me show some pics
As long as I can see her run once in a while. She's a working show hull. gotta get at least $350,no engine. I got many hours of build time on the old girl. I really don't want to sell her but I will ,got too many hulls to run now. If a engine is needed I have a one also
Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM
parshallboatworks

MERRY CHRISTMAS Neil!!![img][/img]
back at ya Mr Rick I have 1/8 Dumas Atlas Van Lines that is in mint condition. all built ,It could use another clear coat. but done. Price ??? I don't think I'll ever run her again. Let me show some pics
As long as I can see her run once in a while. She's a working show hull. gotta get at least $350,no engine. I got many hours of build time on the old girl. I really don't want to sell her but I will ,got too many hulls to run now. If a engine is needed I have a one also
Thanks Mr. Neil... LOL.. he is looking for a kit tho... BTW.. I think I have 6 on my bench right now!!!!!
sounds like a good price tho..
Putting sides on A-BOX... looking like a boatAnd wife dont have a story about how she had to help un-stick fingers from hull.
Rick

Old 12-24-2012, 07:46 AM
gassertom

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tom & Cindy
Old 12-24-2012, 08:20 AM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: gassertom

HAPPY HOLLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tom & Cindy
thanks Tom & Cindy, best wishes for you too... I had this crazy dream last night that I was born of elfin kind, and then this morning I come out to shop and see the mess of wrapping paper and boxes laying around..... feelin kinda fuzzy this morning, and my ears are kinda pointy...hhmmmmmmmGod bless all of you out there in R/C world.. I hope everyone can overcome obsticles,put aside differences,get over grudges,be happy and healthy and enjoy the holiday you are celebrating....MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2013 Allready??? WOW!! Just sayin be warm and dream of all things floating!!!!
I have visions of hydroplanes dancing in my head....
Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.