RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

Blackout 05-29-2012 07:10 PM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Messing around with my Zippkit 21 rigger. Easy boat to launch for sure!! The engine got hot when the water line came off. It was close to 90 degrees that day. :) I fixed the water line with a tie strap, but my camera lady went back to the house. :( I would have loved to show you guys how hard I hit bouy six the third time out. The second time out was a perfect run.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ixJ84DMG8A[/youtube]

Canadian LoCo 05-30-2012 10:32 AM

R E M I N D E R : for the D1 Championship race.

All entries should be in by June 1 if you haven't already done so.
Bill

Blackout 05-30-2012 05:21 PM

I'll probably run my Vision Craft Thursday after work. My youngest son, Kevin, 9 years old, wants to give it a try. :)

advanced builder 05-31-2012 05:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Blackout

I'll probably run my Vision Craft Thursday after work. My youngest son, Kevin, 9 years old, wants to give it a try. :)
Looks Like we hooked a young one. I seen this .21 outboard that has a real unique tunnel hull. @ MLHS cheap anyone? 1980 style. I think. The hull looked almost NIB color a brown/tan

advanced builder 06-01-2012 10:33 AM

Looks like Sunday for me.

Blackout 06-01-2012 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

I got to see the videos thanks Tom and good luck. This week.
I went to the lake and I got some very good runs in my gas Vee The hull is ready. One of my water outlets moved and was aimed right at the carb. Yup a blown ring or rod. I haven't looked yet. I did get the feel of the hull before the blown whatever. I better learn how a QD works
. I was ready to race ,now back to a rebuild. I'm peed The gas rigger will have to wait. I can run my .45 rigger in open rigger. She's ready to test. I still want to go back to the 3 rd channel. Someday.
Neil, are you coming down this weekend? Weather is marginal all weekend. Joe can't make it. If it rains all weekend maybe I'll finally have time to get back at building the JAE 45....

Edit: See you are coming Sunday.

Edit again: My newly modded K30S is suppose to arrive Tomorrow! :D

Edit yet again: The weekend's weather is looking allot better now.... [8D]

engineman351 06-01-2012 11:44 AM

Craig, No Stony Pond for me this week!! (bummer)...I am off with my son Brian to the NHRA event in Englishtown, NJ in the morning. BTW... I wanted to read about the stuffing tube/liner info we were talking about last week. Can you send me a link so I can find what you were talking about? Thanks, Roger

Blackout 06-01-2012 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Craig, No Stony Pond for me this week!! (bummer)...I am off with my son Brian to the NHRA event in Englishtown, NJ in the morning. BTW... I wanted to read about the stuffing tube/liner info we were talking about last week. Can you send me a link so I can find what you were talking about? Thanks, Roger
Here you go Roger.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=51392

Are you gonna make the D-1 race? I see Dan's Crafts has a big sale on June 9th and thought they may make you work....

Joe Petro 06-01-2012 04:17 PM

I will be at the pond this weekend. I have motel reservations anyway...

We lost our machine operator and I just figured that I would be at that machine all weekend, but it turned out okay.

This test session is very important for us...

See you in the morning around 10:00-10:30.

Blackout 06-01-2012 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

I will be at the pond this weekend. I have motel reservations anyway...

We lost our machine operator and I just figured that I would be at that machine all weekend, but it turned out okay.

This test session is very important for us...

See you in the morning around 10:00-10:30.

Sounds good Joe. I'm excited to see the new boat run. ;)

Canadian LoCo 06-01-2012 04:55 PM

Hello Joe I sent you Mail thru your website.

gassertom 06-02-2012 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys - Nats are all done, tonite is the banquet and we'll be on our way home tomorrow. Been a great time down here, not looking forward to the LONG ride home.<div>Tom got a perfect score with his 20 JAE - DNS's across the board! Had a good time though and have learned alot here. Looking forward to Elmira next weekend.</div><div>Here are some pics of the driver's stand at the race site. The half circle indentation in the 2nd and 3rd photo is where the CD stands to catch the start of the race. The 4th pic is looking down at the clock and the starting line.</div><div></div><div>Tom &amp; Cindy</div>

Blackout 06-03-2012 01:53 PM

ROGER, you're gonna need to get one of the Zippkit O/B riggers! It's a blast to drive!! :)

Joe brought a transit and we serveyed the perimeter of Stony Pond. The next time we dig, we'll be able to get everything more square. The north/west corner needs to be lengthened about 35 feet to get the north side 90 degrees to the front chute. You could not see this without the help of a transit. The south end is already pretty close to 90 degrees.

advanced builder 06-03-2012 06:50 PM

Craig, Make sure you add bolts and nuts to the .45 turnfin. Like the gas rigger. I never got much run time on the nice fin. But I do have a .21 Zippkit rigger fin to use. The hull was a rocket. We all got a some good testing in. Prop swapping really helped. Thanks Guys. The last Prop I tested from Joe made the hull fell very twitchy. I was fast but too much grabbing I think. We all learn from each other today.Good testing session. I will run this next race open mono with the QD but I kinda like running in the gas mono. I never realized I was Illegal. Head button??? I may switch engines later. The QD in the gas rigger will work fine. I ran my first outboard, COOL.

Canadian LoCo 06-03-2012 07:45 PM

yup Neil QD's are not LSG legal you can only run them in Open classes.
got to read the rules it's all in there.:D
see you guys Friday in Elmira should be there for about 12 - 1pm

advanced builder 06-03-2012 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

yup Neil QD's are not LSG legal you can only run them in Open classes.
got to read the rules it's all in there.:D
see you guys Friday in Elmira should be there for about 12 - 1pm
Rules?
I do follow the rules if I know about -em. I can swap engines in a flash. Throttle linkage needs fixing-cable/4/40 solid. But new testing needs to happen. I may run a .45 in open hydro. See you Luc
Bob lost his .18 rod in the little rigger class. We messed all day breaking in a NIB engine. They are fussy, until broken in.

Hydro Junkie 06-04-2012 12:05 AM

Would you rather be like me, I've got two NIB CMB 67s, one NIB CMB 45HR, one rebuilt K&B 45 and two NIB K&B 67s to break in. Now I just have to get the hulls all finished for all those engines as well as for two used OS 46s and two used OPS 45s[X(]
The good part is I've got decals ordered for two scale boats, a cowl for one in hand for one of them that's under construction, plans or kits for the rest but no hardware, enough receivers or time to really work on them[:@]

Blackout 06-04-2012 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Hydro Junkie

Would you rather be like me, I've got two NIB CMB 67s, one NIB CMB 45HR, one rebuilt K&B 45 and two NIB K&B 67s to break in. Now I just have to get the hulls all finished for all those engines as well as for two used OS 46s and two used OPS 45s[X(]
The good part is I've got decals ordered for two scale boats, a cowl for one in hand for one of them that's under construction, plans or kits for the rest but no hardware, enough receivers or time to really work on them[:@]
Yes HJ, we know your problem.... ;) Get one finished and have fun racing. :)

Blackout 06-04-2012 03:46 AM

Craig, Make sure you add bolts and nuts to the .45 turnfin. Like the gas rigger. I never got much run time on the nice fin. But I do have a .21 Zippkit rigger fin to use. The hull was a rocket. We all got a some good testing in. Prop swapping really helped. Thanks Guys. The last Prop I tested from Joe made the hull fell very twitchy. I was fast but too much grabbing I think. We all learn from each other today.Good testing session. I will run this next race open mono with the QD but I kinda like running in the gas mono. I never realized I was Illegal. Head button??? I may switch engines later. The QD in the gas rigger will work fine. I ran my first outboard, COOL.
Yah, I figured much. So I used brass sleeves for the bolts and epoxied wood blocks where the foam is cut away. That should do the trick. :)

http://www.vpmcobras.com/images/45finholes.jpg

c.k.y. 06-04-2012 04:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Looks like Sunday for me.
Hi Neil
Some DF-38s " the combination photograph of boat ...Do to prepare world championships FSR-O75 class !

Can run 12 minutes....Use gearboxs So must use 2 fuel boxs
There is photograph
Chan

Hydro Junkie 06-04-2012 04:29 AM

I have one done, only it's a sport 20. That reminds me, forgot I still have an OS 18 to break in as well as a NR 21 to test. I'd ask for help but you guys might blow them up for me;)

advanced builder 06-04-2012 06:23 AM

I have one done, only it's a sport 20. That reminds me, forgot I still have an OS 18 to break in as well as a NR 21 to test. I'd ask for help but you guys might blow them up for me;)
Keep the boat handy as we got 1/4 lap and stall. then a 1/2 lap/stall 3/4 stall A 24 volt starter for the big stuff.

Blackout 06-04-2012 08:09 AM

Is Sport 20 a good class in your area?

Hydro Junkie 06-04-2012 08:36 AM

There are some of the guys that race in NAMBA D-8 that race them but, as for how many, don't really know

engineman351 06-05-2012 11:46 AM

Craig, I have had a PT Sport 20 under construction for about a year I think they would be as much fun as the tunnels on a Thursday night! I've been a bit stymied by the front radio box that has very little room in it. Some guys put three serveos in there and I am having trouble placing two and getting a good alignment to the rudder. Also the rudder is a 'mile away' and it looks like many guys use carbon rod with threaded 2-56 or 4-40 rod ends glued in to actuate the rudder. I also need to either buy a small hydro strut (that pierces the bottom) or make one from brass like you do. Roger