RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Nitro Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/)
-   -   Central NEW YORK boaters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-nitro-boats-117/9801940-central-new-york-boaters.html)

Blackout 04-18-2012 06:52 AM

RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: PropCircles

I'm up for tunnel Thursday. I'll have the .18 rigger .... :D

Sounds good!

I have both inner trim tabs on the gas mono now. I also shortened the header so that I can go 1/2" shorter on the pipe length. The weather looks crappy for the weekend, but I'll probably look for an opening to get it on the water and see how she does....

advanced builder 04-18-2012 07:57 AM

Tunnel Thursday is a go for me as well. Will anyone come early ? I have new servos for my .21 rigger. As we had servo glitch. the old servos were 2+ years old I went with Hitec 225 MG all around I'm pulling that CMB engine for a K&B .67 Vee hull. My AC.21 cat is still getting a new radio box. Done but not installed

gassertom 04-18-2012 03:14 PM

Sounds fun, but Cindy works until 5:30, we wouldn't be there until 7:00 ish...Too bad, the weekend really looks BAD.

Maybe next weekend.

Tom (and Cindy)

engineman351 04-19-2012 06:14 AM

I'll be there around 6PM. Not sure about my son yet. Will have 3 tunnels to try and maybe the JAE.12. The JAE has a fresh rod so I have to take it easy for a tank or two. The Cobra 2 has a FASST receiver in it now (vs FHSS)...but I think the control issue on Sunday was that the engine mount slid down and the steering arm clevises were hitting the transom. LOCTITE!!! Roger

Canadian LoCo 04-19-2012 07:28 AM

Hello Guys just wanted to let you know
that the new Updated IMPBA rules book is now online.
http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...=132&Itemid=61

Regards
Luc W.

engineman351 04-19-2012 08:03 AM

Luc, Thanks for the update. It will make good reading at 1AM!! RC

Billk44 04-19-2012 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Hello Guys just wanted to let you know
that the new Updated IMPBA rules book is now online.
http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...=132&Itemid=61

Regards
Luc W.
Excellent and thanks for posting. Folks should really take note of the trial rules, specifically Racing Rules and Passing which follows. I have been a long time advocate of these rules as it promotes better racing.

Blackout 04-19-2012 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Tunnel Thursday is a go for me as well. Will anyone come early ? I have new servos for my .21 rigger. As we had servo glitch. the old servos were 2+ years old I went with Hitec 225 MG all around I'm pulling that CMB engine for a K&B .67 Vee hull. My AC.21 cat is still getting a new radio box. Done but not installed
The earliest I will get out to the pond is 5:40. But, feel free to show up early and get some early runs in. You have the farthest to drive.

The Vision Craft is fueled and ready to go. I'll be in the water at 5:45... :D

advanced builder 04-19-2012 08:55 AM

I got the stop watch to confirm!!!!

Canadian LoCo 04-19-2012 09:40 AM

Sad news QUOTE from Terry Keeley of the Toronto club.

Just talked to Chris Crawczak and heard Randall sufferd a heart attack Saturday night, tried to get his wife for more info but had to leave a message.

Keep him in your thoughts...

Blackout 04-19-2012 10:10 AM

Just talked to Chris Crawczak and heard Randall sufferd a heart attack Saturday night, tried to get his wife for more info but had to leave a message.

Very sad. I hope he is o.k.. He'll be in our prayers for sure.

Billk44 04-19-2012 10:52 AM

Thanks for the info. I just heard the same from Tom Galdys.

advanced builder 04-19-2012 11:26 AM

Get well soon Randell ,my prayers are with you.
I can't make T-Thursday

gassertom 04-19-2012 02:31 PM

Please update us as soon as you have any info on Randall - our prayers are with him and his family.
Tom and Cindy

Canadian LoCo 04-19-2012 07:24 PM

update on Randall Quote from Terry Keeley

Got a message from his wife Elaine, he's in stable condition and should be coming home soon, good news!

looks like good old Randall is a tough bird Im glad he will be just has good has almost new [8D]

will keep you posted on any new news, the IMPBA office is sending him a get well card.

advanced builder 04-19-2012 07:57 PM

here is my rigger hoping run stand back is right. let me get back to ya

Canadian LoCo 04-19-2012 08:02 PM

Neil your link dosent work it says private [&o]

advanced builder 04-20-2012 07:57 AM

let's try this one http://youtu.be/fIiF8zV5Lko

Billk44 04-20-2012 08:14 AM

That looked like it was pulling right pretty hard.

Blackout 04-20-2012 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Billk44

That looked like it was pulling right pretty hard.
It was, but he still needs to try Joe's suggestions; longer rudder, 1/8" toe-in on right sponson, and rear fin or skegged strut. If that doesn't work, move rudder to the left. It ran good for it's maiden voyage.

Prop Circles has a secret weapon in his man cave!....

Blackout 04-20-2012 10:10 AM

Sunday's forecast is no rain! Only 48 degrees though. I think I will run my gas mono in the early afternoon. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

engineman351 04-20-2012 11:28 AM

Tunnel Thursday was costly!! One shelled OS outboard!! Broken Piston/Sleeve ($105), Bent Rod ($30), Broken Crankcase ($75). trying to keep up with Blackout's Vision Craft...Priceless!!! Well, we know at least one reason a tunnel hull will leap out of the water and submarine the landing. The motor stops cold!! After inspecting the carnage, I believe a bearing ball split in half, rattled around the crankcase then shot up a transfer port and wedged in the squish band. BOOM...instant stop!! I am searching for a crankcase. Meanwhile I believe the TS3 will switch to K&B power. Roger

Blackout 04-20-2012 11:55 AM

An O.S. will go KaBoom too! ;)

I had a great time as usual!

My tunnel went in the water with Bob's .18 rigger and was hoping for a .21 tunnel vs. .18 rigger race, but I flipped the tunnel trying to speed up to full throttle, steer, and walk up the diver's stand at the same time! [X(] Tunnels handle well, but you need to be gentle with the steering inputs.... :)

advanced builder 04-20-2012 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Tunnel Thursday was costly!! One shelled OS outboard!! Broken Piston/Sleeve ($105), Bent Rod ($30), Broken Crankcase ($75). trying to keep up with Blackout's Vision Craft...Priceless!!! Well, we know at least one reason a tunnel hull will leap out of the water and submarine the landing. The motor stops cold!! After inspecting the carnage, I believe a bearing ball split in half, rattled around the crankcase then shot up a transfer port and wedged in the squish band. BOOM...instant stop!! I am searching for a crankcase. Meanwhile I believe the TS3 will switch to K&B power. Roger
You generally are well prepared. Roger. It's still early in the season for a blown engines. I pulled my NR .12 and the CMB.67 Vee engine for a K&B .67 & a Go .18 My gas rigger is still in rework I have taken the rudder servo stand and turned it around. I have a skeg coming for the gas JAE. Need to patch and seal the old holes. I will try to attach the skeg in place, if I can. I will come on Sunday.

advanced builder 04-21-2012 09:00 AM

Craig
I have $25.00 that joe sent out, for you.
The gas rigger is coming for more testing. The Speedmaster rudder IS lower and on the left by 1 " A new prop will be tested. All riggers will be tested ,gas & nitro. I have not started the NIB .21 NR that I got from Bill last season. The .18 Go has been started and ran in Miss Jada a HOR hull.