Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
two piece wings >

two piece wings

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

two piece wings

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default two piece wings

im going to be doing a bridi big bee , any ideas on how to do a 2 piece wing?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never built this plane, but I did convert a Sr. Telemaster to a 2 piece wing to make it easier to transport and store. Look at TNT products website, they have a bunch of aluminum tubes and paper sleeves. I drilled out the ribs large enough to allow the joiner tube to go in all the way when the dihedral was set. This may result in some big gaps between the ribs and paper tubes. Don't worry, take some 1/8 ply and make a donut by drilling a hole large enough in the center just enough to fit on the paper tube and make a larger outside circle for the plywood to glue to the rib. Think of what a tire looks like without the rim and you get the idea. make these to glue to each rib you cut holes in. Reinforce, or better yet, make the center ribs out of plywood to stiffen them. You will also need to add an anti-rotation pin toward the back of the rib. Drill a 3/8 hold through both center ribs, in one hole you glue a 3/8 dowel, in the other the dowel goes in to prevent the wind from rotating. Harder to explain than to actually do.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a link to a King Altair. I liked the way he did things and hope to copy it with my KA. I hope this is useful.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clas...vin-clark.html