Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

What for?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

What for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 04:34 AM
PiccoLino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What for?

Hi All,
in spite of what this forum should be all about, I have seen that naturally many of us tend to settle/separate in specific category rather than finding common objectives. There are those who own glow planes and those with gassers and then ARF and RTF (what's the big deal here by the way?) and then those who pick up Great Planes instead of Carl Goldberg and finally those who use rubber bands to fix the wing to their Stik fuselage instead of screws (well, this has to be a substantial difference).
So why don't we write in this thread the reasons and the motivations that keeps us doing something that most consider stupid at best (not to mention the money this hobby draws off)?
Alright, I get what you are now thinking. What the heck this guy wants from me?
Probably, as I am growing older, I may be looking for more plausible justifications to such (personal) commitment than: and what better opportunity than using a room where many people like me (this is just a language expression; I also do tend to categorize of course) can drop inside any comments regardless their skills, years in the hobby, preferences and stuff like that?
For instance I myself like adopting changes and modifications to the original plane design/settings so that, even in small amount, every first flight on my day at the field is a maiden and if the change does not satisfy me, that's even better because the next Sunday I am gonna experience another thrill.
The attachment is a Jamara Leo 110 with a number of tricks on it. Well, it is still far away from performing like a Mythos S Pro but I though that I needed to give you an idea of what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_174729_resized.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	708.3 KB
ID:	2174863