Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

Venture 60 feedback

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

Venture 60 feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
capt17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venture 60 feedback

Well I'm looking at buying a Venture 60 as a second plane. Anyone got one? How does it handle? Can it teach me simple aerobatics first then move to more difficult skills or will it fly me? Let me know!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:32 PM
XTOL

Default RE: Venture 60 feedback

Its a terrific plane and a terrific kit to build.

Its everything the Sig Four Star is and more.
It doesnt have any of the Four Stars bad habits.

If you dont have any low wing experience get someone
to buddy box you for a couple of flights until you
get used to it.

Mike Hammer
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
WorldTraveler

This is an accurately cut kit, and I've not put that many together in several years. I'm at a point where I'm making a cowl for the engine, so I've at a bit of a standstill. It's gonna have a TH 75, dual aileron servos, and I moved the elevator/rudder servos to the aft fuselage. I've GOT to get this done, as I've already decided a Delta Vortex is next on the table. I hope you will enjoy this, it's a winner!

Clint Biediger
Old 06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
damifino

Build it according to the plans and you will not be disappointed. The V-60 is joy to build and very rewarding to fly. Moving the servos to the rear is not neccessary unless you bolt a big, heavy engine in it. Mine balanced perfectly with a Saito .80 along with a built up cowling and modified foredeck. The floats, after installation, required only 1/2 ounce of weight at the bow to bring the plane back to proper Cg. I did shorten the wingspan by 1 bay on each side and used 2 aileron servos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72017.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	476745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58866.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	476746  
Old 06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
theo63

great build and flies fantastic i have a os-61 in mine and built it per instructions as it was only my second build,i will get another one for the winter building days and do some diff mods for it then enjoy

Name:	Hf98030.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	477120  
Old 06-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Daniel-EL
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Venture 60 is alright, I guess, but I can't hype it like others do. Nice wood, etc., but flying is not that great. I prefer my 4star40, believe it or not - its more manueverable and, well, more fun.

Name:	Fd92981.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	484115  
Old 06-28-2006, 09:28 AM
NCCrashmaster1
My Feedback: (5)

Interesting Daniel....I've got a kit on the way to replace the 4*40 I'm flying now. The 4*40 is just a tad small for my eyes at altitude and I am hoping that the Venture will be easier to keep in sight and keep in orientation (again at altitude). There are quite a few threads on the Venture (and I've read them all ), and am looking forward to the build. Out of curiosity, what did you find more fun about the 4*40? You mention maneuverability.....is it the quickness of the aerobatic maneuvers or does the 4*40 do light aerobatics easier?

I am a sport flyer, and am trying to get the hang of beginning aerobatics. My LT40 and Sig Senior have taught me the basics, but with all that dihedral (sp), they can be a handful. While my future does not include hanging a plane on the prop or spinning it like a top, it would be nice to be able to do a nice knife edge once in a while
Old 09-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Swager
My Feedback: (1)

I have built and flown both the 4* and the V60.

IMHO there is no contest, the V60 blows the 4 Star away in "Fun-To-Fly"

The v60 is a great kit.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 AM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Daniel-EL

Venture 60 is alright, I guess, but I can't hype it like others do. Nice wood, etc., but flying is not that great. I prefer my 4star40, believe it or not - its more manueverable and, well, more fun.
I suggest you try moving your CG back a bit. I was getting bored with mine and noticed the knife edge performance wasn't what I expected so I decided to move the CG back. Wow... What a difference. You want maneuverability? Definitely move the CG back! The elevator and rudder will become much more effective. I can now fly a circle pattern around the field all in a knife edge. This plane is pretty tame with the CG forward which is good for a beginner but move it back and it is a lot of fun.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:45 AM
RhyanO

I was in the market for a 60 sized sport plane (Kit not ARF) and I started doing reasearch on the different planes that were available.
I looked at the 4*60, Tiger 60 each had both positive as well as negative reviews.
Then I found out about a model called the Venture 60, and I did some investigation into that model and found ZERO negative reviews or feedback about this plane.
In my opinion if you need look no furhter the Venture 60 is your answer. It can do anything a 4* or a Tiger can do but BETTER.

Its a no-brainer.

Ryan
Old 09-19-2006, 02:00 PM
FlyingGreg
My Feedback: (4)

Bruce Tharp designed both the 4* and the Venture--maybe that's why they are such good fliers.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Tigers in the 40 and 60 size, no 4 stars, but I did build the Venture. I put my first 4 stroke, a Saito 91 on it. It flies differently than the Tigers, more general aerobatic inclination, the Tigers tend to fly faster, more like a fighter trainer. The Venture needs less room to zoom, the Tigers are very aerobatic, I feel that they tend to fly more like a pattern plane. The Venture will do all they do, but will also do a very fair knife edge, which my Tigers would not do until I nearly doubled the rudder on the 40, and it seems to do fairly well now. My Tigers were arfs, the Venture of course, was a kit. My first kit in about 30 years. It took longer to cover than the stick build. I can't say enough about how well it went together.

Name:	Zx70321.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	528524   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70133.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	528525