Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

OS SR 60?

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

OS SR 60?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
plkracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS SR 60?

Anyone used this engine? i got one for my plane, and it's in real good condition.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OS SR 60?

Excellent engine. Some folks like them better than the newer OS engines. Take good care of it, nobody carries parts for it anymore.

Jim
Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
dirtmagnet

i had one on my King Kobra. real good engine. ran great. never had any problems with trying to tune it or anything. then finally one day it just bit the dust. completely gone. spins like it has no plug in it and as rough as pouring sand in it. it was a very good engine and the guy i bought the plane off of said that engine is close to 10 years old i think. can't remember exactly. all i know is it was a powerful and great running engine while it was still running. ran it for about a year after i bought it. now i'm going to buy the new 70s or 72s or just what ever 70 size that os has out.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:40 AM
busted2props
My Feedback: (9)

If this is the OS .60FSR you have a jewel. It was used in pattern competition and is a very reliable engine. Yes, parts can still be found on the net or Ebay. Just have to look. Should you really need parts, I think ASP is a clone. The backplate fit mine, I had to use 3 gaskets for spacing as the con rod hit the base of the plate. Have flown many times since, no problems.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Falco5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this OS 60 MAX-H motor is not quite the power of the OS SR 60 but it has done me great service since my brother in law purchased it for me while in Germany in 1968. He paid the equivelant of $63.00 NZD for it.
Over the years it has powered a Quick Fly, Moon Glow, King Cobra, three Ugly Stik's, a couple of Bipes and a Delta. It was always easy to start by hand (11x8 & 12x6 Super Nylon props) and the only times it ever cut in the air was when it ran out of fuel.
I gave up R/C in 1983 and gave the 60 to my son for his models which he used for about 5 years without problems. He is now having a break from the hobby and sent the motor back to me to use in my ships...Me having returned to the Fold.
This would be one of the most reliable and sweetest motors I have ever owned and should get a few more years use out of her yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82002.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	886143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51762.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	886144  
Old 02-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Falco5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post