Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

basic questions

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

basic questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 AM
mickelsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default basic questions

I want to ask some basic questions about RC electronics. What forum should I post in?
Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: basic questions

Questions and Answers or Beginners would be good places to start. There's also a section for Radios.

They could be appropriate anywhere depending on the subject matter.

What are you asking about?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM
mickelsen

Okay, here goes...

I would like to animate displays and dioramas with my RC systems. I have two nice RC tx's (and their corresponding Rx's), namely a Futaba F14 and a Polk Systems Tracker III. Each of them can be an 8-channel system. (I would only be using one of the systems at a time for a project.) I would like to have some of the channels drive ordinary servos and some have large numbers of switches that are hooked up to a them that are used as ordinary on/off switches (like up to 8 switches per channel). I know how to hook up a servo to an Rx system (one servo per channel). But I don't know how to hook up 8 on/off switches to a single channel. I know it can be done, I just don't know how. I realize that I'm going to need some specialized hardware to do this. I don't know if such things are available commercially, or if I'm going to have to design and build it myself (I suspect that I will have to DIY it and make my own).

Can anyone tell me where I can find the type of information I will need to design and build such a system on my own? (Before I retired, I was an embedded microprocessor systems design engineer, so this type of design operation is not totally foreign to me.)

Perhaps you can now understand why I'm puzzled as to what forum I should post such a request in. If any of you that are reading this post can help me with this project, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 AM
KAREN1234

What's the RC toy to buy my boyfriend for his birthday ?

He is a Web Developer Ballina and has been hounding me for one but i cant get my mind around it. I would welcome useful suggestions.