Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Psst!! RCAdmin, check out this idea!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Psst!! RCAdmin, check out this idea!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 02:33 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Psst!! RCAdmin, check out this idea!!!

I was talking with my wife the other day going over out x-mas wish lists and she suggested that we start using the online wish lists that a lot of online store maintain (Amazon, Tower Hobbies, etc...). She suggested keeping them updated year round so that any gift giving date would be covered. So this got me to thinking (which according to my wife is a dangerous activity. lol) about all of those sites. Of course the only thing you can put on your wish list is things that the store in question carries. For us that translates into a list of what Tower Hobbies stocks. Yes, I know the majority of us do use Tower Hobbies for stuff, but I know that there are things I want that Tower doesn't carry. So.......... if you haven't figured where I am going by now, how about adding in to our members section a wish list we can maintain. That way all we have to do is publish our wish lists to friends and family when gift giving time arrives. Sure beats printing or cutting out ads and taping them around the house huh????

What does everybody else out there think??? Maybe if we get enough positive interest we can get RCAdmin to think about it.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:44 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would you think this could be implemented best? An open forum? Password protected for each user so nobody can see your list but those who you allow? Should all the products be in there or would you just list the names of your wish list products and who sells them?

If we had to list every RC product sku it could be a daunting task. Open to ideas..
Old 12-19-2002, 04:49 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good idea. I would suggest keeping it simple. Allow members to assign a (or several) read only password(s). Then, they can put in and remove whatever information they like.
Old 12-22-2002, 02:47 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I am trying to understand the purpose of this wish list. If we are to maintain it for family and friends, why do we need to have any password other than our main password.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:00 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

yes, i think we should have one.. but, like geistware said.. dont u want your wife/parents to see what you want? it shuld be something in your profile.. and we can list the info...

like the photo gallery set-up, only simplified