Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

NEW FORUM FORMAT KITS / ARFS

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

NEW FORUM FORMAT KITS / ARFS

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 02:23 PM
gluefinger
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW FORUM FORMAT KITS / ARFS

The columns were great the way they were, these changes make it twice as hard to find the NIB stuff from the partial builts, especially the way some people list. Send your suggestions in if you agree. PLEASE change it back!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 03:08 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

I feel the same way. Have to spend a lot more time here. Maybe that what they want.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:23 PM
prpbstr555
My Feedback: (3)

Default New KITS / ARF Format ?????

I like the new format in that it divides the ARF's from the kits, but if I could have my druthers I would prefer the NIB's were seperate from the partial builts. RC Universe is still the best website on RC. Great job guys, and keep up the good work! Happy New Year and God Bless!
Old 01-01-2003, 03:56 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The change was made at the request of the membership. It was done as the members of RCU thought it would make things easier to sort out. If you have any ideas or comments on how you would like to see things, there is a suggestion foum on the bottom of the forum list. Thanks for your input on this issue, Dave forum moderator.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:42 PM
max1998
My Feedback: (23)

Default New Format

I agree I like this new set up and a 2 thumbs up guys .I am not an ARF fan and get tired of weeding them out .Thanks and the best in the New Year and God Bless .Dennis
Old 01-01-2003, 05:14 PM
wfortney99
My Feedback: (310)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Format

NOTE: THIS DISCUSSION STARTED IN THE KITS FOR SALE FORUM AND WAS MOVED HERE.
--------------------------------------------------

Good morning,

Hopefully you like the changes. RCU is a work in prgress always looking for better ways to help the members.

As the ARF's / ARC's continued to grow, The RCU Adminstrative team thought it was time to seperate the ARFS from the Kits. Greatly decreased the "IS THIS AN ARF OR KIT ? " replies.

I'll let this good discussion go on today then will move it tomorrow. If you have ADDITIONAL suggestions for forum improvements, please post them in the SUGGESTIONS Forum.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Old 01-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NIB Icon

I agree with cmead. Is there some way you could make a message Icon you click on to list as NIB. that would make it easy to use while posting and looking at ad's
Old 01-01-2003, 05:40 PM
wfortney99

Default NIB Button hmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting thought !

I'll check on that possiblity. Our programming geek is super and loves challenges !
Old 01-01-2003, 06:16 PM
SgtMitchell

I would also like to see a seperation between NIB and partial built kits. I am glad you did put those ARF's seperate.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:13 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Default Curious

Right now, partially built and NIB are in the same forums (kits or arfs) and the complete aircraft are separate.....

Would it make it easier to put the partially built planes in with completed planes and have the ARF's and KITS be all NIB?

Or is it better to have three categories? (complete, NIB, and partially built) Or, as someone mentioned, provide the NIB tag....I love that idea also....

Seems to me that three categories causes too much of a split....But I could be wrong...

Cheers,

Sean
Old 01-01-2003, 10:56 PM
smartwork

Just duplicate the format of using subcategories like in the engine forum.

On the main screen have the main category and the sub-categories listed too:

Airplanes ARFs
(NIB) (Partially Built) (Parts)

Airplanes Kits
(NIB) (Partially Built) (Parts)

Best of both worlds and you can go directly where you want and nobody has to weed around the "other" stuff! Oh, and it doesn't require any custom programming which is a plus on implimentation!

-shaun
Old 01-02-2003, 03:29 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So where do you place a kit that has been constructed to the ARC stage?

Jerry
Old 01-02-2003, 03:36 AM
smartwork

Easy: Airplane Kits (Partially Built)

Since getting it framed up is only part of the building process to completing a plane, it would easily qualify as "partially built".

-s
Old 01-02-2003, 06:47 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok...I'm listening to the ideas and feedback here...ultimately I'll give you guys whatever you want in those forums. It was felt that separating ARF's and kits would be beneficial as they are different animals.

Adding more sub stratifications under each of these like (partially built) (NIB) (Parts) though would add many more forums for you to go in to search/browse what you want and might be "overclassifying" them?

Keep the commentary coming.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:36 PM
wfortney99

Default Need a NIB subdivision for KITS FOR SALE

IMHO the seperation was a good move forward. However I agree with some of the users that there needs to be clear "subdivision" for NIB kits and the ARFs Forums.

I would suggest;
the Airplane Kits For Sale Forum be subdivided into three areas of NIB, Started, and Wanted. One option wourl be replacing the For Sale "button" with NIB Kits for sale; replacing the Trade "button" with Kits Started, and leaving the Kits Wanted "button" as it is. When a post is initiated the appropriate button would be clicked. However if listed in the wrong sub-category, it is much easier for a mod to edit a thread than to move it.

ARF's are not as clear cut. Definitely needs to be a NIB and a WANTED category ............. but what about the "partially complete, compelete but not flown, not completed but still flown,complete and partially flown" ect. ?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:14 PM
wfortney99

Default Airplane Parts

Finding or selling parts for airplane kits has been an enigma. Which forum to post a specific cowl, canopy, decals, or instructions for sale. Need 1/5 scale Cap 232 cowl, where would you post a wanted request ? The engine For Sale Forum addressed a similar issue with a subforum.

Perhaps another subforum in Miscellaneous For Sale & Wanted for "Airpalne parts" would address the concern and consolidate the activity.