Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Ignore Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Ignore Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 08:41 PM
phayd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignore Thread

When I am running through my searched list, most of the threads do not interest me. However, I do not want to unsubscribe from the forums.

It would be useful to have a check box next to each subject line of the search. Then we would be able to perform batch subscribes and ignores. It would speed up perusing through the new posts, and it would shrink the bandwidth used by the returned list of posts.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:18 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ignore Thread

with several hundred new threads every day and 3000 new posts daily that would seem quite a task to subscribe or unsubsribe to each?
Old 01-19-2003, 08:31 PM
phayd

Default Ignore Thread

First, I'm reading only new threads on my subscribed forums. This reduces the number of new threads I see.

Second, this is why I suggest a check box, with a batch ignore. I can quickly click on several check boxes, then click ignore, and I would never see those posts again.

I doubt that this feature would help people that are looking at all new posts. Those of us that are shrinking the list of new posts in the first place would probably appreciate the ability to shrink the list further. I think that it would shrink the amount of bandwidth that RCU uses as well.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:22 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ignore Thread

interesting idea....I have to look to see if it can be done efficiently.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:30 AM
phayd

Default Ignore Thread

Correction, never see those threads again. And, I want to reinterate my suggestion.

Today, I had 12 pages of threads, most of them multiple posts of the same thread. I clicked on, maybe 5 that interested me, and will never click on at 90% of the threads. This would get me down to 1-2 pages of new posts to work with.