Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Silly picture windows?

Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Silly picture windows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
bla bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly picture windows?

RCU has began to hang' on me, becoming very slow to load all of a sudden.
OK, I only have a 7meg' line, but I would suspect those silly new picture windows are part of the deal.
What was wrong with the old ones?
Old 04-21-2007, 11:17 AM
snys

Default RE: Silly picture windows?

I agree. I pay for data, and it is unnecessary downloading pics I am not going to open.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Mine loads up OK initially but if I want to enlarge a picture I wait & wait for it to load up and then wait & wait for the X to appear so I can min. it again. the new system sucks for sure [:'(]
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The new picture system should work the same as before. When you open a thread, the thumbnails are the only thing to load (same as before). Only when you click on the image to enlarge does it load the full size (same as before). The difference is instead of loading to a new page or new tab it opens the image right there and then.

We've been using something very similar in the marketplace successfully for quite a while now and decided to implement it into the forums to make browsing long picture threads easier and toggling through the images quicker. There may be a few compatibility issues if you're having difficulties. Upgrading to the latest versions of the software you use may help speed things up again.