Community
Search
Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Stickies

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Soothsayerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stickies

I like the layout of the boards and all that but you guys really need to sticky some of the good replies to the same questions that are asked over and over and over and over and over again.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stickies

We don't like to stick a lot of threads because it moves the frequently discussed threads even further down the page. Perhaps we can find an alternative down the road that will handle what you suggest a little better than we have now.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Soothsayerman

ORIGINAL: Nathan

We don't like to stick a lot of threads because it moves the frequently discussed threads even further down the page. Perhaps we can find an alternative down the road that will handle what you suggest a little better than we have now.
Welp, heres a suggestion of something that i've seen done on other forums that get huge.

Create a section called "Information Hub" or "Resource Center" or whatever, and you can sticky the most popular items there. That way if someone has a common question, the first place they know to go is the 'Information Hub' and see all the stickies.

I've seen it done where you lump all stickies together for a broad range of topics that way you won't have to divide the 'information hub' into as many regular sections as your forums have because that would really be counterproductive and just grow to big. The only sticky you have in your sub sections is a sticky that points people to the 'information hub' for FAQ's.

Since the stickies are all in one place, as a moderator it's easy to clean them up occassionally as newer things and better information comes along.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:35 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: Nathan

why don't you put a few (2 or 3) sticky thread on the top of the page, like hey are now and the rest at the bottom of the page, or put all the sticky threads at the bottom of the page?