Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

Please change the home screen of this website

Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

Please change the home screen of this website

Old 10-24-2009, 11:55 AM
john2364

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please change the home screen of this website

When ever I access rcu, I get this thing that makes me choose a focus area. I understand that this will not occure when I am logged on however, I commonly clear my cookies as most people should do and thus I am almost never logged on when I first enter the site.

Reasoning: I often see interesting advertisements when I first access the site however I can not click on them because that stupid screen comes up and blocks all access to the site until I choose an area of concentration. Once I choose an area of concentration, the adds I wanted to look at dissappear.

I understand that you do this to target your marketing however, like most people in the hobby I play with many types of rc toys and thus my interests are quite broad. I perfer a generalized RC homepage rather then a niche specific one.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please change the home screen of this website

You can choose all and you can set that as your default if you are logged in.  We don't only do it for marketing but since some people ONLY want to see say cars or airplanes we tailor the site completely to those people and this avoids the noise if they have one interest area. 

the best solution is to stay logged in or choose your pref as you have been.  If we can make the selection happen without page refresh though we will look into that.