Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Suggestions
Reload this Page >

need some help on a couple of builds

Notices
Suggestions Have a suggestion for a feature, new category or anything else? Let us know by posting it here!

need some help on a couple of builds

Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
SteelersRule!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help on a couple of builds

I'm looking for some help on 3 different planes I am starting to build. Two are kits and one is an ARF. I am looking for help on the following issues. Engine, servos, and new radio.

The planes are as follows:
Hanger 9 P-51 Mustang Blue Nose- engine's they recommend are 4-stroke .91-1.35 needs 7 standard servos and 2 retract servos
Sig Hog Bipe kit- recommends .60-.65 2 stroke or .65-.90 4 stroke needs 4 servos
Great Planes 300S-60 kit-no engine recommended needs 5-6 servos

With the Blue Nose and all the servos I was thinking about getting a 9-10 channel radio. Suggestions? All I have is a 4 channel Futaba now which will work with the Hog
I am all ears as to recommendations on servos.

If anyone out there has experience on with anyof these planes, inputas to anypitfalls, tips on building, etc wouldbe greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:33 AM
alishanmao

Default RE: need some help on a couple of builds

I Fly 60 and 90 size Nitro Planes

For the engines you got good choices. For servos I usually go for TowerPro Servos for rudder and throttle, for Ailerons and elevator i go for Futaba S3001 or S3003 Servos. They work great

For a cheap but good setup you can always use Towerpro Servos. I never had troubles with them or with Futaba Servos.

For engines you can go for ASP, OS or what ever brand you can afford and put in as per your choice.

Cheers

Ali
Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 AM
SteelersRule!

Thanks for the input, most appreciated!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
AliRedCatRacing

if you are looking for a good 9 Channel radio 2.4G try to google for FlySky 9 Channel Radio or see the video Ali's RC Chit Chat 9 Channel Radio at www.youtube.com/alishanmao for Review. also you can find its review on RC Universe too.

Many people have bought this radio. I myself have one that I use to fly a 500 Size TREX Clone 6 Channel 3D Heli. This radio is awesome and at the same time dirt cheap. It can fly Planes all kinds, gliders and Helis too. Fully programmable and easy to use menus and functions. I did not even have to read the user manual. This radio is very easy to use. I am thinking to buy more Receivers and use this radio to fly most of my RC.

maybe I will shift from My old Futaba to this one soon

Check it out for sure

Ali