Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

3250 and pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 11:48 PM
jake_027
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3250 and pump

Hi,

I just purchased a 1/4 scale cap 232 with a Super Tigre 3250 for power. The original owner drilled out the fuel tank clunk, installed larger diameter fuel line and assured me that it runs excellent. In my opinion, it doesn't run excellent. It has poor transition and loads up excessively at anything less than 3/4 throttle. I noticed that the engine was leaking at the head gasket which I found to be damaged and have since ordered a replacement. I have removed the carb and set the spray bar, etc, as per the recommendations already made in a previous thread. I have a Perry oscillating pump that I was thinking about installing and wanted some input on whether or not this is a good idea. The reason I want to intall the pump is that the tank sits low in relation to the carb and I can't raise the tank. Even when I prime it for startup, the fuel flows back into the tank immediately after I take my finger of the carb. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use the pump on this engine??

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 3250 and pump

The only reason would be if it didn't provide enough fuel for the engine. There's nothing in the engine that would prevent you from using a pump.