Community
Search
Notices
SuperTigre Engines Support Ask Bill Baxter your questions regarding the SuperTigre line of engines.

G75 Mounted Inverted

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Nitrodan73
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G75 Mounted Inverted

I have a G75 that I'm going to mount inverted on my mustang. I have seen many people mentioning Perry Pumps, which leads me to ask if I need one. I have not mounted this engine yet and I want to ask before I even try it. The carb will be quite a bit lower than the center line of the tank but since it is inverted, will it cause problems with flooding?

I also switched my carb around so I dont have to move the throttle linkage and servo because I used to have a 4 stroke in this plane. Does it matter which way the carb goes? It doesnt look like it changes anything other than the side in which the arm goes.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: G75 Mounted Inverted

The carb can be turned around to put the throttle arm on either side. It doesn't "care".

Inverted running can cause difficulties with idle and midrange because the glow plug becomes the lowest point in the fuel system. Therefore you can have idle and throttle-up difficulties because the plug is almost choked-out...or even so flooded it won't work. You need to have the engine well-broken-in before you run it inverted. Having the carburetor lower than the tank will cause problems in the air and on the ground. In the air, you'll find that the mixture will change a lot as the fuel level in the tank goes down. That's because you'll have higher fuel pressure when the tank is full versus when it's nearly empty. You may need an on-board glow plug battery to help keep the plug lit at low throttle settings. That's very common.

On the ground, or at low throttle settings, the low carb will tend to siphon fuel from the tank, and you'll get a lot of dripping. The center of the carb should be level with the tank centerline, or no more than about 3/8" higher than the tank centerline.