Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Rudder pushrod in Trex 450 PRO

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Rudder pushrod in Trex 450 PRO

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
joe_crash
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder pushrod in Trex 450 PRO

It seems that I am constantly "almost" finished putting together this bird! I discovered I didn't have a rudder pushrod for this, and went to a hobby store and bought an offical Align Trex 450 PRO pushrod. Now when trying to install it, it seems that it about 1/4" too short, if Iam to install it with the tail slider and servo arm at 90 degrees perpendicular to the boom of the heli. Any sugestions on how to fix this or at least to clue me in to where Imessed up?I couldn't buy a pushrod alone - apparently with Align, you must also buy the boom at the same time. There is no where in the instruction manual that I can find where it tells you how long the boom should be - did they change the length of the boom when I wasn't looking?

Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM
chunkyplunker

Default RE: Rudder pushrod in Trex 450 PRO

The boom should be 347mm or 13 2/3in. If the control rod is too short see if you have enough threads to scerw out the ball inks. Sounds like you should have enough threads to do that, make sure you unscrew each ball link out the same amount.

Ley me know if this helps.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
madphil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem with mine , in my case it turned out that i had not pushed the tail tube in far enough , i had to remove the tail mounting block and push both ends together it then moved in another 1/4" i then refitted the tail ,

phil.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:52 PM
joe_crash

Whoops, my mistake. I simply had not seated the boom enough. A few screws loosened, a little push, and all is well.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:31 PM
joe_crash

Problem solved. Both Madphil and chunkyplunker are correct. I didn't have the tail boom seated correctly, and I didn't have the ends of the pushrods unscrewed to the proper setting. And, yes, the length of the boom is 347mm. I took a closer look at the align manual, and it does in fact say 347mm.
Thanks Guys!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: joe_crash

Problem solved. Both Madphil and chunkyplunker are correct. I didn't have the tail boom seated correctly, and I didn't have the ends of the pushrods unscrewed to the proper setting. And, yes, the length of the boom is 347mm. I took a closer look at the align manual, and it does in fact say 347mm.
Thanks Guys!
Hey glad to hear you solved it..

Can I suggest one tip.

Yesterday I took off in my 450 Pro with the wrong model memory selected (a 450 GT) (Futaba does not have model match technology)

Anyway, the roll control was reversed so the minute it was airborned It rolled hard right and crashed (My own fault due to stupidiy)

Luckily I had a spare 450 Pro kit put aside and I was able to repair it last night..

It now flies better than ever..

My tip.. if you can find a 3rd guide for the tail rotor pushrod as per my photo below.. it removes all flex in the pushrod and mine responds so much better now..

Just a suggestion.. safe flying..