Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Anyone know how to remove a stripped screw? >

Anyone know how to remove a stripped screw?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Anyone know how to remove a stripped screw?

Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how to remove a stripped screw?

Hey guys i'm just coming back into helicopters after about a year, so i dug out my trex 450 sa, looked over it, and in the head there is a cracked part. Luckily i have the part that is cracked, but the problem is i just cant access it because there is a stripped screw i need to remove. Now this screw is small. Its just the little tiny black screw that tightens down the flybar. So............if you guys know how to remove it that would be great! My hobby shop is a little pricey so i'm trying to avoid $40 in repairs where they would help me.
Thanks
-Tommy
Old 03-07-2011, 03:28 PM

Default RE: Anyone know how to remove a stripped screw?

Hey Tommy........there are 2 ways you can go about this....

1: Try and find a screw extractor that size and hope, or frankly, just cut off the fly bar ahead of the screw. File down the end so it slides out and replace it all.

Shawn

There is another way......but it requires a real steady hand and a real small drill bit.

Drill it out on a slow setting.......and be easy with it. You will feel it "give". You are going to have to replace the part that you are drilling into though.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM

Default RE: Anyone know how to remove a stripped screw?

Hey thanks. Soon after i posted this forum i got it out. All i did is super glue the screwdriver in the screw. I have like 4 other screwdrivers the same size so some super glue on it didn't harm it, after all it came right off. Anyways i got my heli all fixed and just my luck, it started raining. haha anyways thanks for the help.
-Tommy