Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 550 Flybarless Question >

Trex 550 Flybarless Question

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 550 Flybarless Question

Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 550 Flybarless Question

Hi guys, I'm about to receive my 550 flybarless and I have a couple questions.

What voltage are you running your ESC on, the default of 5.5 or are you moving it up to 6 to get faster servo speeds?

If you move it up to 6.0 volts, are you using a step down regulator for the tail servo?

I did notice the specs. for the DS620 that it can run on 6 volts, just wasn't sure if anyone runs it at that voltage or if you feel better running it at a lesser voltage?

I'm sure I'll think of a few more questions as I proceed with the build.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trex 550 Flybarless Question

If your going to use the 3g unit the step down is in the 3g controller according to the instructions. I'm running mine stock at ths time just gave her her first real maiden this weekend. Unless your a real experienced pilot set it up stock for now. Then when budget allows get a Castle 100 amp esc and a seperate bec then. That'swhat most of the guys I fly with have done. Take your time setting up the head it's both easier & more difficult at the same time. Some things I learned leave all your ATV setting at 100%. make sure everything is as close to mechanically perfect as possible. This will make things easier after. It's a great flying bird I love the thing. I've got 4 other heli's all flybared and this thing blows them away. I flew my 500right after flying the 550 today and it took almost 2 min to get the feel back. I'm sure you'll like it keep us informed