Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Which HK model?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which HK model?

Hey everyone,
I understand the differences in the siZes of the kits but I do not understand exactly what are the differences in GT, PRO, PRO V2 etc. Can someone enlighten me on differences. I plan on building a TREX Clone pairing with DX7 radio.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Which HK model?

Hi, if you take 450 size for example, the GT is a clone of the trex 450se v2, the pro's are a clone of the trex pro equivelants.

ORIGINAL: crazytom911

Hey everyone,
I understand the differences in the siZes of the kits but I do not understand exactly what are the differences in GT, PRO, PRO V2 etc. Can someone enlighten me on differences. I plan on building a TREX Clone pairing with DX7 radio.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:23 PM

I kinda figured that but are there pros and cons of either lt?? How is 1 better than the other.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM

The differance is, on the pro it's usually a shaft driven tail rotor, vs a belt drive on the GT. Pro on the Shaft drive is, it offers better tail response in most opinions. The Con is, it breaks more easy, and a bit more money to repair, even if you have a minor tail rotor strike. If your new to flying, I'd go with the belt drive. Then the big decision would be should you go flybared, or flybarless. I personally would vote for flybareless. It's a bit more to purchase but I think that the addded stability is worth the cost IMO

By the way ahamey, I see you own Tarot heli's. How d you like them ? I was thinking of getting a Tarot 450 FBL, to replace an ageing Trex 450. Its an old V1 very tired learned to fly on it and looking for something better, more like my Trex 550e fbl
, and was wondering how you found the kit, fit, quality of parts etc. ?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Hey great. Thanks for the info. Might have to go FBL. Appreciate the help.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: augerin2

By the way ahamey, I see you own Tarot heli's. How d you like them ? I was thinking of getting a Tarot 450 FBL, to replace an ageing Trex 450. Its an old V1 very tired learned to fly on it and looking for something better, more like my Trex 550e fbl
, and was wondering how you found the kit, fit, quality of parts etc. ?
Ihave two V2 PRO's and they have been great. The first one has around 150 flights on it and the second around 30 flights. Ilearnt to fly on the HK 450GT kits, but have since moved to the Tarot as the build quality is much better than the HK. I "ve never had a Genuine Align so Ican't compare the Tarot but others say there is not a lot of difference.

The good thing about the Tarot kits is you can choose your gyro and electronics, unlike the Align where your stuck using their crappy servos.