Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

LAST WEEK choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAST WEEK choice

This is the last week until i need to decide what ARF kit i should start to build. now im going over and over through my notes and im wanting everything but will take my time. i NEED one last review on what i should get.

HK250GT
HK450GT
HK450GT pro
Hk500GT

I really like BIg helciopters just cause its massive and hearing the blades spin. (off topic) but anyways, For you guys to help with the size and setup you got to know a lil bout me.
Im part time, full time stupid, doesnt mean i dont have time on my hands i still have alot. and will deticate every second to my heli. i enjoy scale flying but 3D is my goal and scale is my retirement. i use to fly before year or 2 ago soo im not a totally new to this, i understand everything ecvept the programmings, im just flying a lil mini 4ch heroH995. i can fly circles around my basement adn kitchen, whole nine yards. but motor is dying, i do crash who doesnt. but i want a heli that i can do unlimited mods to upgrade and make it personal and custom. i have full setup for the 450GT, but not sure if i want to stick with it. <br type="_moz" />
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 PM

Default RE: LAST WEEK choice

AND one more thing i want to learn more about flybarless 450GT and how it works, as i said i need easy prgramming setup plz
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM

If you already have some experience, I would skip the hobby king kits and get tarot 450 pro v2 flybar less kit. The build quality is much better and your better off going straight to a fbl setup now.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:42 AM
My Feedback: (59)

Amen to ahamay 's suggestions, `cept I would go with a T-Rex 500 *full* kit whatever they are calling it today, be it superior, SE or extra that a Tarot.

This way you get *ALL* of the parts your need in one box, everything fits and works well with the other stuff.

Don't forget you will need some tools too. Socket driver set (with handles) and get a JST screwdriver set numbers 00 thru 2. This will save you grief in the long run.

Good luck and take a look at a flight sim too.

Gary
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM

Hi, and welcome.
I think I would recommend the HK 450. If I remember right, the Pro has a really narrow frame that can make maintenance and modding a real hastle. The 500 will be more stable, but you'll also need allot more space to fly it in.
As for flybarless, there are allot of guys on this forum who have put allot of time into figuring out which ones are the best and easiest to program on the 450. Just my 2 cents.

Joaquin
Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM

Be careful with the HK500GT. I have one, flies fairly well, but initially I had problems with the main gear to tail gear (there was a gap which would strip gears because Turnigy motor I got was too powerful), and the tail failed twice. Had to replace with an Align part. I have crashed it because of a tail problem, and since then, I haven't been able to get vibrations out. I would start with an HK450 type heli. I had many of those with hours of fun. I have Align 450 as well, and they do fly more solid, but do come with a price...