Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok Mr. Brian Sounds like you are enjoying your camping adventures! Although you don't seem to rough it too much!
I showed Bryan this I thought this was a neat quad.for the $$$$ http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...qx-bnf-BLH7580
They have come down in price. maybe for labor day?
Hugh
Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by hugj
ok Mr. Brian Sounds like you are enjoying your camping adventures! Although you don't seem to rough it too much!
I showed Bryan this I thought this was a neat quad.for the $$$$ http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...qx-bnf-BLH7580
Hugh
Yah, a friend calls it "Glamping". Glamorous-Camping! Doh!

Full hook up, cable, two restaurants.....it's embarrassing!

As for the MQX it is a BLAST to fly and you just about CAN'T hurt it!

Now back to "Breaking Bad"!

b
Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by hugj
Hugh
Yeah the MQX is pretty tough. Even I have trouble breaking it.
I think the only things I have done are bend a few props and tear up the canopy a bit.
Dont know whether they have fixed the QC on the motors but I would get a spare as the right front motors seem to burn out all the time
Seems they are made in a different place than the CCW motors but a little tip is to get a CCW motor and reverse the connections so it goes CW.
Both my CCW motors are still original but have gone through a few CW ones.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:12 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by rikybob
Hiya Childrens!

Back from camping weekend #4 with (sadley) 1 to go!

I have my quad assembled and motors assigned and went ahead and put the props on.

I will put it in the driveway tomorrow and see if it goes in the direction I scoot it and see if it flies.

If so I'll balance the props as they look to be waayyyyyy out.

Oh, as I'm typing I have been told we are going to go see Eleysium tomorrow PM......so's I'm thinking a Thursday maiden?

It was 97F here today and HOT as H3LL!!!!

All the best to you and yours!

b
Whats wrong with an AM maiden.
Balance the props first, save you from doing it later. When you get around to FPV remember that 2.4gig is line of sight.
Sadly a friend forgot this on the weekend when he flew a brand new quad over a sand hill.Took him 30 minutes to find it.
Next on his list is a GPS module with RTH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRs2qoQl5lM Also amazed by this one of the 350QX. Might buy 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dRkTAplxE&feature=youtu.be
Old 08-13-2013, 01:18 AM
ingleburn

15 Flights practising inverted circuits today with the BL. Nearly time to try it with a 450. Stay tuned for the mayhem.
Might celebrate with some pulled pork.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 AM
rikybob

Hello Bizzzzizzaches!!

Wife and I had to take a "sickie" today with GI issues so's I finished my Quad project and it's awesome!

I had some issues (key word "I") and they amounted to me being ever-so-slightly goofy and the over abundance of information on this build.

Recall I didn't go thru the steps properly on board initializing and couldn't get out of safe mode.

Further because I didn't follow directions from the viddy I put the props on wrong and lastly, I put the signal wires on the FC board on wrong.

DOH!

Enjoy my piffle, balderdash, poppycock and jocularity!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hVp5BU9Jxw&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N00capUP1w&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by rikybob; 08-13-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:41 PM
mnemennth

Hey B -

You're welcome for the help; I was gonna remind you to cal the board when I read you were at the setup stage but I was too late (A bit busy with work and my dad out visitin' for a week). I scrolled down and saw you'd already had the issue and figured it out. D'OH!

If you have the means, could U do us a favor and get a temp reading from the aluminum case of that Q-Brain right after you touch down from say one pack, then a second right after it?

Looking for a baseline. Also, what LiPo are you using?

Thanks dewed!

I've been a bit busy on the RC front too. I just got done building a 1200W Power Supply for my bench, and I'm trying to resurrect a couple 1st Gen Parkzone Vapors for indoor flight; I inherited them from a fellow club member the same day I ordered one of these:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-bnf-PKZU1280

It looks to me like they're clearing out all their "old-school" stuff to make way for the new "SAFE" equipped gear. As much as I want to believe all the cheap China stuff on the market has given them a change of heart; I doubt they're responding to supply & demand pressure. Just cynical, I suppose.

*Sigh* Guess I have no excuses; gonna HAVE to actually learn to fly NOW...

mnem
"Helicopters don't actually fly; they're just so ugly the ground repels them." ~ Bill Frye - Tri-City Flyers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PKZU1280_a1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1907788  
Old 08-13-2013, 01:14 PM
ahamay

Yippee ki yay ****'s ... new post notifications are working. Looks like they are sorting some issues out finally.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:02 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by mnemennth
Hey B -

You're welcome for the help; I was gonna remind you to cal the board when I read you were at the setup stage but I was too late (A bit busy with work and my dad out visitin' for a week). I scrolled down and saw you'd already had the issue and figured it out. D'OH!

If you have the means, could U do us a favor and get a temp reading from the aluminum case of that Q-Brain right after you touch down from say one pack, then a second right after it?

Looking for a baseline. Also, what LiPo are you using?

Thanks dewed!

I've been a bit busy on the RC front too. I just got done building a 1200W Power Supply for my bench, and I'm trying to resurrect a couple 1st Gen Parkzone Vapors for indoor flight; I inherited them from a fellow club member the same day I ordered one of these:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...r-bnf-PKZU1280

It looks to me like they're clearing out all their "old-school" stuff to make way for the new "SAFE" equipped gear. As much as I want to believe all the cheap China stuff on the market has given them a change of heart; I doubt they're responding to supply & demand pressure. Just cynical, I suppose.

*Sigh* Guess I have no excuses; gonna HAVE to actually learn to fly NOW...

mnem
"Helicopters don't actually fly; they're just so ugly the ground repels them." ~ Bill Frye - Tri-City Flyers

Yep, glad I got the project up in the air! I went ahead and ping pong balled the front as I lose orientation fairly easy!

I put my hand on the Q Brain and it's relatively cool after my two whole flights this morning (before the temp rose to 98.1F!) I'm taking some crap back to HF tomorrow and will pick up the well needed infrared thermometer that has eluded my pocket for I don't know how long!

I'll get a temp tomorrow!

THIS is the battery I'm using (X 4). I put 2484 back in after a 9.5 minute flight!

Goodonya for looking at planks. Each of my RC endeavors have their charms but I really have enjoyed my GWS Slow Stick!

All the best!

b

"Patiently waiting for the temp to get below HELL!"
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM
rikybob

Back from the front yard (of which, yet again has become waaaaay too small) and had a blast!

What a sweet flier that Quad is!

I played with the Self Leveling but need to work on it more!

I added the carbon fiber bar and orange ping pong ball mod since I lost orientation on it 1st thing this morning!

Menmemme - I paid closer attention to the ESC's and they are HOT after the ride. Somewhere in the vicinity of 130F but I will know more after my trip to HF!

Hope some of you krazy kids are getting shum schick time!

b
Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 PM
ingleburn

Hello Bizzzzizzaches!!

Wife and I had to take a "sickie" today with GI issues so's I finished my Quad project and it's awesome!

I had some issues (key word "I") and they amounted to me being ever-so-slightly goofy and the over abundance of information on this build.

Recall I didn't go thru the steps properly on board initializing and couldn't get out of safe mode.

Further because I didn't follow directions from the viddy I put the props on wrong and lastly, I put the signal wires on the FC board on wrong.

DOH!

Enjoy my piffle, balderdash, poppycock and jocularity!

b

Comments on YT. With 10 minute flights you better practise your blather.
Looking forward to seeing some video of your adventures when you get around to sticking a Mobius on it.
The truck and boat look like they are in danger of taking a hit. Think that quad will do more damage than an MQX.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:46 PM
rikybob

Originally Posted by ingleburn
Comments on YT. With 10 minute flights you better practise your blather.
Looking forward to seeing some video of your adventures when you get around to sticking a Mobius on it.
The truck and boat look like they are in danger of taking a hit. Think that quad will do more damage than an MQX.
Hiya Ingleburn!

Yah, that joker hauls ***!

I came waaaaay too close to the house and tree!

I want to get a handle on the Self Leveling and see if I can't send it up high for a "look see"!

Luckily there are YT viddys that can school me!

I may back the battery alarm off a bit as it makes me nervous to be THAT close to the mark!

Glad to see yer whippin' the MQX!!

b
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM
ahamay

I may back the battery alarm off a bit as it makes me nervous to be THAT close to the mark!
b
I'm convinced that the turnigy packs are mah underrated. I accidentally hit lvc (3.3v) on my 500 after not setting the timer which has a 2650mah pack. Recharged it and put back in 2680 mah... *** ! Mate of mine uses lipos in his rock crawlers and has experienced the same.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I finally absconded with a video of my Gaui 425 FBL from TJ. This video was taken on Sunday. There is still a lot of work to do. I am expecting new parts from All e RC this week, as all my current stock has been depleted.
B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyuH8lb6hbs
Old 08-13-2013, 05:52 PM
ingleburn

Originally Posted by pushinoldrc
I finally absconded with a video of my Gaui 425 FBL from TJ. This video was taken on Sunday. There is still a lot of work to do. I am expecting new parts from All e RC this week, as all my current stock has been depleted.
B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyuH8lb6hbs

Wow that thing has the shakes bad. Is it the settings or something mechanical?
My 450's would have stripped the TT gears for sure if the tail went into the grass like that. It must be a belt.
Hope the new parts sort out the problems.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

It seemed as though the oscillations came from the roll axis. I will be replacing the main bearings and main shaft as these are suspect. The CopterX is set to beginner mode, and I have never had to adjust the gains.
I really want to get this thing stable again.
B
Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 AM
sgbfly

Default YEP 40A Governer mode

Howdy Guy's,

So glad to see the thread is active. I've had to take a little time out for family reasons but the lack of email notifications whilst I was away had me worried! I guess it's because of the forum revamp and moving onto part IV

I'm just about to satisfy a curiosity I've had for a while: Governer mode! I've bought a YEP 40A esc from HK along with the programming card. Early indications on my desk show that it does work. The head speed graph below shows a constant rpm throughout the battery pack. Test flight will follow as soon as the battery is recharged.

Simon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LH-450 FBL 80% 12T YEP 40A Governed.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1907865  
Old 08-14-2013, 03:27 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by pushinoldrc
It seemed as though the oscillations came from the roll axis. I will be replacing the main bearings and main shaft as these are suspect. The CopterX is set to beginner mode, and I have never had to adjust the gains.
I really want to get this thing stable again.
B
Hiya Bryan!

I swear the head speed seems a tad low too.

Sort out the mechanical issue and then use "3D Soft" on the Copter X settings. Additionally did you flash that unit yet? It makes a BIG difference!

All the best!

b
Old 08-14-2013, 03:28 AM
rikybob

Originally Posted by sgbfly
Howdy Guy's,

So glad to see the thread is active. I've had to take a little time out for family reasons but the lack of email notifications whilst I was away had me worried! I guess it's because of the forum revamp and moving onto part IV

I'm just about to satisfy a curiosity I've had for a while: Governer mode! I've bought a YEP 40A esc from HK along with the programming card. Early indications on my desk show that it does work. The head speed graph below shows a constant rpm throughout the battery pack. Test flight will follow as soon as the battery is recharged.

Simon
Who the hell are you and what have you done with my friend Simon??

Glad yer back and strangely I miss your oppression!

All the best!

b

PS Where the H3LL is Dan from Texas??
Old 08-14-2013, 06:13 AM
rikybob

Accccck!

Battery 8 found me with a crash!

Many thanx to Mnmemem yet again for talking me into buying reserve Q450 kits for spares!!

Two props and a broken "arm" later and I'll be back in the air!

I heard the low battery beep on the new battery and WHAM!

Walked over and found the "banana plug" was not seated. I pushed it in til it stopped. A defect with the connector. If you push it HARD AS HELL it will seat! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

No viddy but here is #6!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1wS5v7cmuM&feature=youtu.be
Old 08-14-2013, 02:50 PM
rikybob

Flight 8 after the repair!

The Q Brain (esc stack) came in at 128F after the flight!

Rain chased me off so's I'll do a "twofer" later!

All the best!

b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okQzKOJRyCM&feature=youtu.be
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM
hugj

Looks very nice Brian I'm impressed been thinking of getting a quad but the wifie is back on the unemployed list again the past 3 months.
Driving me crazy!!!!
I came close getting the blade but was nixed. any who if the rain holds off this weekend some flying and a swap meet may be I can do some horse trading.
Oh I think I finely have my saito gas 21 cc motor scared into running right? I have been through the ringer trying to get this thing to run correct.
I think the last thing I did has it straight. 87 octaine fuel lower flash point and it has run perfect the last three nights So we will see how it does in the air.
Keep us informed on the quad build Hugh
Old 08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
hugj

Oh I did mean to ask what upgrade to the copterx I have not see any?
Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 PM
hugj

Hey Bryan if you don't get it straight bring it over. remember the last time it was the swash setting slightly out of level.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:07 PM
hugj

last but not least bry. you may need to do a memory clear on the radio and start over happed to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.