Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 AM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hi guys,

Video of the props and skids and lack of wavy video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rtdgj6wUjA[/youtube]

Hiya Kozz!!

It looks like you have that thing sorted pretty well!!

Great viddy and great blather!

I looked at one of the Flitetest viddys and their extensive use of cable ties and I get what they are saying about them being the weakest point in a crash. It makes sense! I just hadn't seen them used on props!

Thanx for the shout out and I'm looking forward to placing the call to the quad guy this AM!

Hope your Wx clears and all the best!

b
Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Kidz!
A virtual plethora, gaggle, congress etc of viddys and one BONUS viddy below:
Been working late tonight... corporate firewall upgrade.... how exciting..... NOT!

Anyways.... rb must have his #16 connected to his car battery or something to get that much footage in one go.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:55 AM
rikybob

Bask in my blather. BASK!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Hiya Kidz!
Been working late tonight... corporate firewall upgrade.... how exciting..... NOT!

Anyways.... rb must have his #16 connected to his car battery or something to get that much footage in one go.
Great blather it was to. I just might be able to out do him soon as I just ordered a Mobius. Got the 4th one after they went on sale. I just hope it hasnt got a problem as Im sure if I post on the Mobius forum I wont get an answer.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Hiya Kidz!

Great blather it was to. I just might be able to out do him soon as I just ordered a Mobius. Got the 4th one after they went on sale. I just hope it hasnt got a problem as Im sure if I post on the Mobius forum I wont get an answer.
Nice. Looking forward to some footage from that.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 AM
ingleburn

Hi guys,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rtdgj6wUjA
Looks good Kozzy. The vibration has all gone.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 AM
ahamay

@rb - Noticed in your plank video the #16 goes grey when it gets full frame of blue sky. You can fix that by changing the setting in the software to flouresent. Works a treat. Hopefully the Mobius is as good as it's hyped to be... we'll all be wanting one of those soon.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Ddaddy

Oh that's COOL but 16.5 minutes??? Sweet baby Jesus you could have pulled through a Mikey D's drive through or went to crack town and chased a HOOKER??!!!???? [8D]

I really, really like that tech and it's affordable too!

Lookin' forward to callin' the Quad guy this morning, hmmmm wonder how much cash is gonna fly from me wallet???

Many thanx for sharing and as always, I hope I was at least a little offensive.

b

PS Your Geisha girl is ugly as a mud fence!

PSS What would be your favorite FPV platform if you had "Jonesey money"?
Heck, I just drove around the block! And I was looking for hookers btw!

The tech is fun. I think my favorite platform at this time would be the Penguin with UHF control and 1.3 video. Like the Sony 600line super HAD a lot too. A quad would be good for trips but just going outside and flying in my area would get boring I think. Now a neighborhood like yours would keep more interest but then what would the neighbors think? And your vacations it would be cool, I like the Bones kits btw. I think it's important to build so you have a better familiarity with everything. A lot of sh1t to keep up with and a preflight is long now.

1. Charge DVR
2. Charge Vid Tx battery
3. Charge Flight battery
4. Take to field
a. Video cable
b. Goggles
c. Plane
d. DVR
e. Transmitter
f. Co-pilot if you can find one
5. Power up goggles and check for interference
6. Power up plane and check control surfaces
7. Connect DVR to goggles
8. Check ODS and set home button
9. Launch plane and get altitude because when you pull goggles down it takes time for the eyes to adjust

and your good...OH *****...FORGOT TO HIT RECORD....AGAIN!

I guess it'd be lke hookers, your favorite changes based on the different expereiences.

And yea, butt ugly...but feels great

And you need to practice the offense more...seems like you can only p1ss off the Britts!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Ddaddy

Hi guys,

Very nice and stable video Kozzy. BTW, (in general) black zip ties are rated stronger and UV resistant (last much longer). Yea, I can't believe how much of a pain balancing props is...you'd think at least the hubs would be more balanced than what they are!

Hope the weather gets better for ya soon

Old 06-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Ddaddy

Geez...the other forum wouldn't even let me say s h i t in a pm nor s h 1 t either! What next, hookers with chastity belts!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 AM
mnemennth

Spitzenspartin'-fillibartin'fric-n-frac-n'dirty low-down butt-ugly mudsuckers anyhow!!! Sonuvacrap!!!

2 month's I've been saving my last $75 for that Ifni-slucking Mobius camera; yesterday we're down to just that because we're both a week away from payday and the kids need stupid crap like milk & bread & diapers so I go spend it... and not kidding, as soon as I sit down after putting up the groceries and changing the little grrl I see the eMail notification from the Mobius thread.

BLEEPING-BLEEPITY-BLEEP-BLEEPING-BLEEPITY-BLEEP! ANYBLEEPINGHOW!

Also, Ingleburn... I am offended... that you didn't take a swipe at me. I thought I was one of the crew!

I freaking even resisted the urge to buy a FUBAR cuz of that damned camera!

I blame Tom Frank.

mnem
*Kicks desk*OW!!! OW OW OW OW DAMMIT OW!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 AM
rikybob

@ Jonesy - Yup, a car battery plugged into the ole # 16! It IS kinda funny in that the little cam gets warm in comparison to my 10 USD 808's. Hmmm?

@ Ingleburn - Thanks for test running the Mobius for us! I'd hit ole TF anyway if I had an issue even though I called him a "dick".

@ Ddaddy - Yah, when the Quad guys come out there is a boat load of stuff to bring and invariably something doesn't work right!

@ mmemeneth - That's kinda funny AND sad at the same time! When my wife and I were a young couple with child 24 years ago we couldn't go out to the movies as we were without. But as time went on we'd get the 100 USD to go out and in 1990 we'd scrape together 50 bux for Olive Garden, 25 bux for the sweet neighborhood girls who would help raise my son (they'd spend the money on pizza that night) and 25 bux for EARLY movie and popcorn! Those were really wonderful simple times! I know you relish them and know the cam will come along soon enough.

Had a wonderful morning with my son as I was able to gift him with a used dryer. The install went easily so we went shopping and I walked out of [link=http://www.costco.com/]Costo[/link] without too much damage. Usually I end up with 5 lbs of beef jerky, an institutional size jar of pickles of which I could not finish in a life time and some sort of electronic device that serves no actual purpose.

Enjoying the latter part of my last day off til next week and trying to WILL the bad Wx to go away so's I can slip outside for a fly!

b

EDIT: Hmmmm Mobius action cam @ 68bux shipped 1900 available. Gonna wait for ole ingleburn!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Spitzenspartin'-fillibartin'fric-n-frac-n'dirty low-down butt-ugly mudsuckers anyhow!!! Sonuvacrap!!!

2 month's I've been saving my last $75 for that Ifni-slucking Mobius camera; yesterday we're down to just that because we're both a week away from payday and the kids need stupid crap like milk & bread & diapers so I go spend it... and not kidding, as soon as I sit down after putting up the groceries and changing the little grrl I see the eMail notification from the Mobius thread.

BLEEPING-BLEEPITY-BLEEP-BLEEPING-BLEEPITY-BLEEP! ANYBLEEPINGHOW!

Also, Ingleburn... I am offended... that you didn't take a swipe at me. I thought I was one of the crew!

I freaking even resisted the urge to buy a FUBAR cuz of that damned camera!

I blame Tom Frank.

mnem
*Kicks desk*OW!!! OW OW OW OW DAMMIT OW!!!
Hehehehe I feel for you. When I was still married my wife and kids got everything and the crumbs that were left usually paid for my computer to be kept running.
Now shes gone so has my self control so if I want it I buy it. Funnily enough I cant bear to pull the trigger on a 500 yet. Guess its because I know the 450's will never see the light o day again.
Its not like me to resist taking a swipe at someone.Might have to go back a few pages and work out where I missed out.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
rikybob

Oh no -> [link=http://curtisyoungblood.com/V2/content/stingray]THIS[/link] is coming.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Xvni8GQLE&list=PLS3HDrqJsbiMzCF-Mc_SMPOVoNUNdGfOx[/youtube]

b
Old 06-27-2013, 04:41 PM
ahamay

Oh no -> [link=http://curtisyoungblood.com/V2/content/stingray]THIS[/link] is coming.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Xvni8GQLE&list=PLS3HDrqJsbiMzCF-Mc_SMPOVoNUNdGfOx[/youtube]
b
That looks great but 4 feathering shafts to replace on a crash.... no thanks.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:09 PM
rikybob

b

Looks like a PIA to me too.

I do like that these things (please forgive me) are taking off!!

b
Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Ddaddy

b

Looks like a PIA to me too.

I do like that these things (please forgive me) are taking off!!

b
Blows me away!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:46 PM
mnemennth

You know... when I first started crashing 450s and I was knee deep in parts... I toyed with the idea of building this.

Even knowing the 450 tail rotor was a bit small I mocked up a couple tailbooms with tailrotors on each end & sketched out a belt path and servo arrangement on a bit of Masonite. When I realized that the servos would have to operate independently instead of ganged together... I started to sketch out a swash assembly that looked promising, but I didn't think I could come up with a practical linkage arrangement. I knew jack-all about programming mixes, so I shelved the idea and the parts; telling myself that 4 collective rotors would be a massive arseache to contend with. Really, sour grapes because I had just come up against an obstacle I didn't know how to start getting around... the programming.

I give it 6 months tops before we have a working sketch in MWC, KK, etc that is self-initializing and lets you build exactly what I had and fly it.

Then Brian and Jonesy won't be able to buy 500 tail parts because everybody will be sold out of them for building these things.

mnem
*Sketch this, MrrrrFrrrr.*
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Edmund2

Brian, my game jerky going up onto the wires tonight to dry!!!!! No need to buy for a while. Got some mCPX time in late yesterday afternoon but it went all over my small garden being windy.

Wind already 15+ atm here so hope it will die down tomorrow afternoon but will likely be stronger as the clouds are coming in form the south.

Happy flying all and I could watch that quad viddy at work this morning.

Edmund
Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 AM
ingleburn

Still crappy weather here so decided to tinker.
Got my 2 remaining GT's and pieced together 1 decent one and will put a Tarot FBL head on it and have another go at using the HB800 FBL gyro.
The last time it was terrible but in its defense I didnt give it much of a chance before switching back to the ZYX .
Hopefully the weather improves and I can chuck it back on the shelf because Im having trouble getting my head around the programming.
Although it might make a great first video with the Mobius seeing it destroy itself.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 AM
rikybob

@ mneemeneezth - Yah, ain't that the way? 15 years ago I came up with the "idea" of rechargeable, blinking, night time bicycle lights and look what happened? Dang.

@ Edmund 0 Jerky mmmmmmmmmmmm!

@ Ingleburn - Be it soooo evident that I am, in fact a stooge and can't learn properly reading I require someone to show me. Have you tried [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsARxU64zdU]THIS?[/link] It's what I'm gonna do when I get me Fu-Bar!!

Early here yet and fraught with chores before work. Working THREE 1400 til shifts today and the same next July 4th thru Seventh. Summer vacation is just a few weeks away!

b
Old 06-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Ddaddy

HK D/C'ed the FU-BAR.  The page doesn't even show anymore.  Not only am I shocked Mikado was able to stop the Chinese from selling/cloning the VBAR but also how fast they did it!

Hope you get yours rb.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:15 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

HK D/C'ed the FU-BAR. The page doesn't even show anymore. Not only am I shocked Mikado was able to stop the Chinese from selling/cloning the VBAR but also how fast they did it!

Hope you get yours rb.
Hiya Ddaddy,

It shipped days ago (or diiiiid it?)!

Yah It wouldn't break my heart if it didn't as I have found [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613]THIS[/link] and [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1097355]THIS![/link]

Yah got ahold of the quad guy at the field and although very nice he seemed more inclined to promote [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1097355]THIS[/link] his web site that he said makes 15 to 20k/mo. It's not a beginners resource so I rekon I will be married to reading about the things.

Preliminarily it looks like the [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__24723__Hobbyking_KK2_0_Multi_rotor_LCD_Flight_Co ntrol_Board.html]KK2.0[/link] board is a good jumping off point with the [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__35908__Hobbyking_H4_Copter_Multi_Rotor_Quadcopte r_Frame_470mm.html]HK- H frame[/link]. I watched FLITE TEST viddys and it really looks pretty simple. [link=http://dduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/quadcopterbuild-log.html]THIS[/link] slide series gives a good frame out for noobs front to back.

I got this from a morning of concentrated foraging around the web as I really haven't played around at all following this up.

Time so spend some time soaking all this in and see where it brings me!

Cheers!

b
Old 06-29-2013, 10:04 AM
mnemennth

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

HK D/C'ed the FU-BAR. The page doesn't even show anymore. Not only am I shocked Mikado was able to stop the Chinese from selling/cloning the VBAR but also how fast they did it!
Hope you get yours rb.
Sonuva DOUBLE-CRAP!! Why do I have to be broke RIGHTNOW!!!

*Cries in his beer*

Wait... I don't drink beer anymore...

*Cries in Brian's beer*

I KNEWthat was gonna happen; HKwas just blowing out remaining stock until the legal stuff took effect. DAMMITALLTOFRAKKANYHOO!

The reason Mikado was able to kill it was NOTbecause of the product itself; it was because it used the V-Bar Lite configuration software (and possibly firmware) and it DIDNOT have one of its own. As hot as it sold for a week before they pulled it, I think they'll get some slave programmer to build them an "open-source" version to ship with. As long as they can show that it has a programming utility, they can probably get the lawsuit thrown out after the fact. Especially if they change the look of the thing; the other big factor was that the packaging does very closely resemble the "Trade dress" of the Mikado unit. I'm certain they'll sell remaining stock locally rather than export... may find some enterprising Hong Kong vendors with a "Flash sale" on them in the next few weeks.

Now that the "FUBAR" name is "Known" I expect it to return with the same name, different plastic enclosure and a cheesy programming utility. 3, maybe 6 months tops. Of course, I don't expect it to be $40 anymore.

mnem
Still... CRAP,CRAP, CRAPPITYCRAP!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:15 PM
helicrazedout

b
Hey guys hope all is well!
That thing looks sweeeet! When is it available and for how much? Been really busy lately in the middle of my first ever university exams and i don't want to be another drop out statistic...although if my HK arrives that gets priority numero uno! Interesting reading thanks for the Infotainment
Jonathan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.