Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

SE Frame woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Frame woes

I recently got the Align SE frame to upgrade my XL. I am having issues with getting the screws to tighten in the boom mounting block. it seems like the screws are not long enough to reach on both sides. One side will reach and the other will just spin free. I cant get it tight so the boom will stay in place.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:04 PM

Default RE: SE Frame woes

Wow, 28 views and not so much as a "Thats weird." or a" You're so stupid, you should have..........."
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 PM

Joel,

I do not know much about the SE frame with the exception that it is Carbon Fiber, which has been known to cause glitching. My proposal would be to sell your SE frame on e-bay and purchase a SuperfFrame STK or V2 depending on your swash plate. I myself utilize this frame on my Rex.

Check it out.
Superframe V2-----------------[link]http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_35_63&products_id=982[/link]

Superframe STK----------------[link]http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_35_63&products_id=1094[/link]

The Rookie
Old 04-05-2006, 03:17 PM

carbon frames are fine is configured right. My issue is the screws on the boom mounting block not reaching from both sides so the boom is not tight enough.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:42 PM

Joel,

Do you have the aluminum tail block? If so, it may be that you've stripped the inner part of the bar inside the aluminum tail block. I would recommend that you go into your spare parts bag and get the longer screw. If you don't have this, you can purchase an Align screw set which will have the right part. I had this problem and was able to get a replacement bar for the tail block from one of the online shops I use.

I hope that helps.

Joe
Old 04-09-2006, 12:58 AM

I am seeing the same type of problems. My blue tail block simply doesn't have any thread for three of the eight screws. I know that I haven't stripped them, because I could never get the screw to start "grabbing" the threads in the first place.

Two of the thread holes that don't work on my block are the short screw holes (the ones which accept screws that don't go through the other lower frame). If I simply don't put the cute blue screw washers on the screws in these holes, then the screws do deep enough to start threading. I am not sure if the screws are too short, or if the threads don't start till too deep.

One of the long screw holes (the one with the screw that also passes through the lower frame) is totally without threads. When I first assembled it, I put the screw in and it slid all the way in till the screw bezel was flush with the frame. Not good.

I will call Align on Monday and see what they say.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:31 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Look at your manual, the screws go in a aluminum tube(#37). The tube slides in the tail boom stiffener (#32&33) If you thread to far from one side you well have a problem. The tube needs to be centered so you catch the same amount of threads from both sides of the stiffener.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:03 PM

or you have put the screws on the wrong side. it shoud go through the free side and then get threaded on the other side.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:14 PM

2X6mm screws go in to the stiffener from both sides. The stiffener is not threaded, the aluminum tube that sides in the stiffener is threaded. If you screw it in to far from one side, on the other side, you well be to short. You may have some loctite holding the tube from the factory, apply heat to remove it, then re-center it with stud&bearing mount.[8D]
Old 04-10-2006, 02:21 PM

or you have put the screws on the wrong side. it shoud go through the free side and then get threaded on the other side.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jeepson33s

You must be thinking XL frame, 2X8mm screws go in on the left side only and the stiffener is cast as part of the frame. A SE frame is different.