Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 need help on deciding >

need help on deciding

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

need help on deciding

Old 10-08-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on deciding

i had a blade cp for a while and i could hover and a little forward flight. i wanted to get something a little more easier to fly and more stable. is the trex 450 easier to fly? can i learn how to do 3d moves with it? does trex 450 xl mean its bigger? wich one? 450x 450xl 450se
Old 10-08-2006, 01:27 PM

Default RE: need help on deciding

same here, , i can do fff and done 5 loops 2 crashes on my blade cp. i wonder if my next logical step would be a trex 450, or something bigger.

rckid93
teh sizes are relatively teh same except that 450x has a shorter boom, 450xl is the plastic one, and 450se is the all metal one. and yes you can do all the 3d moves with any of them. i believe you'd have a question same as me. if the 450se is all metal, does it do better in crashes? i dunno. so... anyone out there that knows, please help, and what would be the performace difference between a xl and a se.

rckid93
i think (and heard) that a trex is WAY easier to fly than a blade cp. however, be ready to pay 1500 for the se if you want good batts. and tx. i recently bought a futaba 7c to use with my blade cp (and my later on birds). with revo and everything set up right, the blade flew like a totally different heli. i can make i jump and set my headspeed and everything, if you got the money, by all means get a 9c.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:16 PM

i onve flew a cp and it is so unstable when you upgrade to a trex you wont belive how much better it is i can leave it with no hands for about 4 seconds and it hovers by it self, once i did it for like 10 seconds i was amazed, well it is really good and when more experienced this heli is great for 3d, i currently own a trex 450xl ccpm (yellowheli) the ccpm its better tn the other trec hde or sumthing it does require a computer raio but the fligh performance is crazy i tell you i got a dx6 spektrum on it and i can say i love it i dont say anymore i crashed cuz of a dam glitch i just crash for being a dumb ass, lol.. get a trex its much easier to fly and learn and if you got the money buy the trex se ccpm its the same as mine but all upgraded parts as if you upgrade the plastic to aluminium it will cost more than just buying the se ....trust me
good landing, yeah i say that cuz my last crash was because of a little woind when landing and it tipped over and well still waiting for parts..
Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 AM

I started with a Walkera4 (yeah, I've heard all the jokes) and upgraded straight to a Trex 450SE.

I'm getting really really good at crashing now but after six months I've still not managed to break or even bend ANY of the aluminium parts.
I've bent more than my fair share of main shafts and feather shafts, but as they come in packs of 3 and 4 respectively this is expected.

I've read numerous posts on this forum about people breaking and replacing plastic parts and being worried that the extra cost for the alimunium parts will simply increase the repair bills. My repair bills for those parts so far is ZERO. You can't get cheaper than that.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 AM

i just got a 7c yesterday, my blade cp flew 10x better with all those functions and revo settings and all that. now, i can spool it up on teh ground, and make it jump up in the air and the tail would hold considerably well (considering it's a motor driven tail). but now i'm thinking, with all these functions and thr/pit curves, i miht be better off learning at least to fly inverted with a blade cp first. after all, crashign a blade cp is better (cheaper) than crashign a trex. however, i missed a very good chance of moving up. there's this 2nd hand package at my lhs placed by a dude who just got a 600, it includes all these things for only 450 cad!!!
trex se with upgraded tail or something.
3xhs65
gy240+s9253 or something
spectrum dx6 w/ reciever.
all i needed is a batt. the next day i gone bak to buy it, that dude said he's not selling it anymore. darn him!!
i was quite down after i missed that deal[&:].
i might talk my mom into getting me a se or at least give me the price difference between the xl and the se. after all, i'm only 14. 1K is ALOT for me considering i'm making like 160 per month on paper delivery.