Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

What blades?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What blades?

What blades do you use for everyday flying. Not heavy 3D.
I was wanted to paint my T-Rex and was actually wondering on the coloring. It comes with carbon (yellow) and some wood with red.

Thanks.

Larry
Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Nankin Hobby

Default RE: What blades?

I found the 325mm wood blades by align to be great simple flying blades. They balance/track easy and are forgiving for normal flying around. They are approx $15/set so they are well priced.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:33 PM
KamikaziRcPilot

I used the Align 325mm Pro Wood blades for the longest time. I decided to try a set up the "unbranded" Hyperion 325mm blades for $24 from HeliDirect. They're the same weight, but run quieter and can handle light crashes, depending upon what you crash onto! I dumped mine last weekend onto indoor turf. The feathering shaft broke and the blades shot off. There wasn't even a scratch on the blades. HeliDirect also sells a combo set containing the same 325mm blades, but it also includes CF tail blades and CF paddles for $39. Well worth the money.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:14 PM
FLYMIKE

Ive run the same blades and I agree that there worth the money.
ORIGINAL: KamikaziRcPilot

I used the Align 325mm Pro Wood blades for the longest time. I decided to try a set up the "unbranded" Hyperion 325mm blades for $24 from HeliDirect. They're the same weight, but run quieter and can handle light crashes, depending upon what you crash onto! I dumped mine last weekend onto indoor turf. The feathering shaft broke and the blades shot off. There wasn't even a scratch on the blades. HeliDirect also sells a combo set containing the same 325mm blades, but it also includes CF tail blades and CF paddles for $39. Well worth the money.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I am having good results with the Align blue and white "Fiber" blades. These are the plastic ones that are reinforced with a rod of carbon fiber. These track very nice.