Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

GY400 gyro

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Enticer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GY400 gyro

Has anyone used one of these, are they junk? I received one as part of a package in an Xl CDE but I am not sure if I should use it or not. I think I will get a futaba 401 for my Rex and using the Colco 400 on my blade cp if i decide to go with separates on it. So is it even adequate for a blade cp?
Thanks, Kevin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colco-GY400-AVCS...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-11-2006, 01:25 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: GY400 gyro

My experience with it has been very, very bad. The gyro is a cheap piece of junk that refused to ever work properly for me. Since you've got one I guess I can't discourage you from buying it, you can always give it a try and see how it goes for you, but I wouldn't hold high hopes for it. Go 401 and don't look back. The GY400 is nothing but an inadequate rate gyro (not AVCS or HH or anything) in my experience.

But, as with all things, your mileage may vary, maybe I just got a bad one. I still don't like the idea of supporting a company that blatantly rips off Futaba though, right down to the manual!
Old 11-16-2006, 07:33 PM
FLYMIKE

Its a non heading hold gyro. The only way to hold is through stick impute.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 AM
BowerR64

I got one of these a few months ago and put it in a king V2 and it worked great. It worked so good that i didnt see the need for my 401 so i sold it and the S2650 digital tail servo i had. I thought why have a $100. gyro when this one works fine.

I then tried to put it into an RC-Tek phantom with all 8G esky servos and the same king esky receiver and it wouldnt work. I couldnt get it to arm in HH mode. Wheni tried to hook the sensor lead to the 5th channel it would error as if the trim was not centered. I tried everything and i just couldnt get it to arm.

Not sure why it works in the king but i never had any tail drift or anything, like i said i was so happy with it i sold my good stuff.

I won it in an auction for $35.

I wouldnt say its just a rate gyro either, it holds and holds well when its working. I guess its just a crap shoot if it will work on your setup.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Crabstick

401 or nothing, dont waste your time with rubbish gyros
Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
toms_cpcx

I just got one of these today and I am having a real hard time getting it to set up correctly. Any help that you can provide on how to set this thing up would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how to set the sesitivity or anything else on it for that matter.

I Understand that the manual for this is not correct, is that right? If it is not, any help that you could provide me on setting this thing up would be greatly appreciated. It is either that or I am going to rip my hair out.

Tom