Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 First Crash....= Upgrades??? >

First Crash....= Upgrades???

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

First Crash....= Upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:15 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Crash....= Upgrades???

I had my firt crash when i lost orientation yesterday. I was blinded by the sun then lost orientation, tried to figure it out but it crashed into the roof of a builing in a local park. All of the damage is in the Flybar, and head assembly. I can replace all parts plus have extras for about 80 dollars or i can go ahead and upgrade to an almost full metal head at not much more. (i would stick with the plastic blade grips and swash for now unless this will make a decent impact) I have the money to upgrade, but is it worth it. Will it make the performance any diffrent? I don't do 3d, just hovering and easy flying around. Also, while im at it should i go ahead and upgrade the main gear or shaft? It's crazy how only some parts break during a crash....My mainshaft didn't even bend, and the tail was untouched.
This is a 450 sa running a 13 tooth pinion and 430L 3550 motor
Old 11-24-2006, 06:38 AM

Default RE: First Crash....= Upgrades???

Buy the parts you need. If your blade grips are fine now, they probably won't be on the next crash. That will be the weak link if you run a metal head block. If you need blade grips, then buy metal ones. From what I've heard here, there is no performance advantage metal/plastic other than fatigue / crash worthiness.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 AM

Default RE: First Crash....= Upgrades???

Actually I upgraded everything from the swash up to metal due to breaking parts in flight and the heli just wouldn't track properly with the plastic. However, I stayed with the plastic main blade grips so it was the weak point. They are fine an provide a cheap easy replacement as the weak link.

I have not yet crashed my Rex, but the metal head parts made a big difference in flight performance and no more parts breaking flight. Keep in mind whe I fly the Rex I fly it hard.