Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 need help with dx6............. >

need help with dx6.............

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

need help with dx6.............

Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with dx6.............

ok i never realized that i didnt bind my radio to my reciever. i know, stupid. anyway i turned my radio off before my heli and it fired up and about took my fingers off and it also took a set of main blades. lesson learned. so i go to try and bind it and it sys that your supposed to get led lights to blink but i get nothing. so here is exactly what im doing. maybe you can see where im going wrong.
unplug everything going into reciever.
plug bind plug into bat spot.
plug battery into speed controller.
plug speed controller into throttle spot on reciever.
nothing happens. paper says there is supposed to be a light blinking but nothing.
so then i continue cause i think well maybe the light doesnt work.
push button on back of reciever at same time as turning on and hold for 5-10 sec.
then it beeps after 5 sec and orange led comes on, not the green like its supposed to.
then i decide to test by turning tx off and the motor spins up to almost full throttle.
and thats where im at. it didnt work obviously and i cant figure out why its not working.
seems like it should not spin up with the tx off cause that sorta defeats the whole purpose of binding.
oh yeah, i did have all sticks at neutral and the throttle was all the way down.
any ideas?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:48 PM

Default RE: need help with dx6.............

Is your throttle channel reversed

Old 12-10-2006, 08:32 PM

no its not. it shouldnt matter thoughcause book says to power rx from any port from the esc. but typically people use the throttle port.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:41 PM

Ahh, the receiver won't flash the amber light until the transmitter is turned on.
So here's what you do: unplug the heli. set the TX like you want it to bind--all trims neutral, idle up off (normal flight mode), throttle hold off, throttle stick low, rudder neutral, cyclic centered. Turn TX off. Put bind plug into the batt. connector of the rx. Plug in heli power--usually the BEC on the main motor ESC. Hold down the back button on the TX while you turn it on. Now the amber light on the RX should flash for a few seconds. Keep holding the button on the TX until the RX light turns solid. When the RX light turns solid the system is bound. Unplug the heli, turn off the TX, take out the bind plug.
You should be good to go.

I once bound mine to Idle-up by mistake...wow what a mess.

Let us know if this solves it for you.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 PM

push button on back of reciever at same time as turning on and hold for 5-10 sec.
then it beeps after 5 sec and orange led comes on, not the green like its supposed to.
endquote

I guess you mean the button on the back of the transmitter---but which orange light? The receiver in the heli has only an orange light. I've never seen anything but a green light in the button of the Transmitter on the back. If there is an orange light coming from the button on the transmitter, then I'd say you are having a malfunction.
Transmitter batteries charged? I wouldn't use it if it is showing under 10 volts, but that's just me.

If the orange light that you are talking about is in the receiver in the heli, that's normal and that's the only led there is in that receiver. No green there, just flashing amber or solid amber.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:01 AM

rx was bad. got a new one. called spektrum and they even walked me through it just to be sure and it didnt work. then i got new rx and it works.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:08 AM

Anyone have some good settings to use for the DX6?

Gonna go try the ones i have Out Now. but Looking for good setting for the stunt mode On the DX6.

So post some settings you have that work good that i can try.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:33 AM

I posted my settings on that other thread, you'll find it.
And here's a tip: I put a locking toggle switch on my DX6 (and the BCPP TX) so that I don't accidentally flip it by accident, which I accidentally have done a couple times, causing accidents.
I even managed to bind my BCPP/Spektrum system to Idle-up once--talk about excitement in the kitchen!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:58 PM

linkadrip

Take a look at the SA manual lots of good info in there including some for the setup of the DX6

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...ARF_Manual.pdf

Old 12-20-2006, 02:54 PM

is the dx better then xp 6102
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 AM

Does spektrum make a dx6 without the s75's? It just seems senseless to buy them if your not gonna use them.