Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 My first Trex Loop...pic >

My first Trex Loop...pic

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

My first Trex Loop...pic

Old 01-27-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Trex Loop...pic

ALMOST......[&o]

Where were the best parts prices again...?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Default RE: My first Trex Loop...pic

Wow!!! I think I'll do a little more FF & Nose-in before I try 3D.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:11 PM

Ouch
That Had To Have Hurt[sm=angry_smile.gif] , But If We dont Try We Don't Learn , I Kinda Know How You Feel , Lighty Busted My Trex Up Today , Nowhere Near That Bad , 2nd Attempt At Inverted , So I Went Back To Practing w/ The HDX450 Getting A Feel For the V-Blades I Got Today , You Might Want To check Out The Guys At HeliDirect , I Just Put Another Order in Last Night With Them . Knowing I Would Bust Something Up Today Good Prices And I usually Get My Parts in 2 Days . Just A Thought
Old 01-27-2007, 04:37 PM

And it was going so well...until it all went to HEELLL...lol.

I think I'll just become an ALIGN DEALER...and make money on oll my crashes...lol.

To be fair, I was flying in really windy weather. I like flying in the gusty wind it is really challenging and I have gotten pretty good a FF and FFF. I can buzz through three battery packs with very few "tense" moments

I was showing off for the wife, I flew into the wind at almost full pitch...man the little thing is quick...I pulled up hard and the heli climbed like a champ. She went over the top beautifully. Here where I mess up. When she reached the 9 o'clock position I didn't feed in enough collective with the cyclic to get her to climb on the back side of the loop. I just held the cyclic back. If I would have had ten more feet of altitude I think I would have made it.....Pilot error..DOH!!!

I'm just glad the ground was so soft from all the snow and rain. She went in skid tips first. The prettiest thing I have ever planted...sic.

Cursory inspection reveals $$$$.

The cool thing is the Aluminum frame is completely straight. I just need every other part.....[X(]
Old 01-27-2007, 08:34 PM

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiD1ufRlP4M[/link]

Did you see my video, I smashed mine in a loop too, Didnt hurt mine as bad, but should have been in the same boat as you, Sucks to see them hit the ground like that! Check out the video it might bring back a horrible flash back of your crash. LOL! Sorry that you damaged it so bad, but congrats for trying!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:15 PM

Hey Ace,
Nothing that can't be fixed. Looks like you have the thng well in control...nice flying.

Yeah mine more or less lawn jarted...one of the carbon blades was sticking striaght up like a tomb stone...

I'm just finishing my parts list...shouldn't be too bad. Maybe a few upgrades to boot.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:08 PM

Man I know how you feel. Just crashed mine this weekend. I got to start getting my crashes on video !
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM

Hi all, Is there anyone who doesn't crash; 3000 part all working in hormony then trying to make them fly... Yeah I wreck all the time. expensive hobby. I'm hoping for better luck with my 600. Later starcop...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65556.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	609231  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:17 PM

That picture scares me! I did my first 2 loops last Sat. They were more flips than loops, but not too ugly. Sun. I did 5 more. The ones I tried with forward flight were better. When I tried to flip it in place they were ugly. When it came time to give it negative collective I would panic and give it too much and it would climb. At least it stayed in the air. Oh well, I just started on New Years day, so I have a ways to go.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 PM

Remember crashing is all part of flying
Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 AM

Hey guys,

Its a good thing I like tinkering as much as flying. I stripped her down and came up with a total replacement cost in the area of $100...!

Its a steep so I may just buy a whole new heli and has plenty of spares.

Stay Tuned for my nex installment of.....

Begininers guide to Gardening with the TREX450S....