Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

450v2

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450v2

I am a newbie with just a little time with a Blade Cx. However, I am already thinking and planning to move up to a 450se when I think I am ready. My question is that in scouring a number of heli sites and boards I am beginning to pick up a very meager understanding of info about helis. I have read or seen reference to a 450se V2, is this model currently out and if it is what are its advantages over the 450SE. Should I try to get a 450seV2???(I assume the V2 will then be the top of the line?? in the 450 class??). Thanks for any help!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 450v2

yeah...a CX to an SE might be a bit too much of a jump, but you might be able to handle it. trust me, ive had a CX, and i just got a rex. theyre not even in the same league. the rex is so much harder to fly, but with my hundreds of hours of sim time (not exaggerating, had it over a year) i dont have a problem. there is NO self-correcting at all with these things; TRUST ME. you really might want to get a sim before you try a rex out.

the V2 means that its Version2. i dont think the V1s are sold anymore, and any SE from most sites SHOULD be V2 by now. they upgraded a few things from V1 and released it as the V2.

if youve got the money to throw at it, buy a good sim, and the SE and all the electronics. while youre building the rex, get as much flight time as possible on the sim. it helped me immensely. i was doing pirouettes, and was hovering nose-in and side-in on my second flight. and ive never flown anything else but my CX, and the sim.

i would recommend www.techmodelproducts.com because Joe has great prices, and top-notch service too. i know he has a sale on SE's right now.