Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

First 3d move - By Accident!

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

First 3d move - By Accident!

Old 02-11-2007, 04:16 PM
soop7667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 3d move - By Accident!

OK! I am pumped!!! Here it goes - On Christmas I got A CP Pro - 4 days later I finally got it to hover - 4 weeks and $400 in repair parts later - I got an MX-400. I put the Align 430L brushless & ESC in her with a DX7 system and took to the skies - Didn't take long with snapping the rotor so easily to say screw that and I recently went out and got a T-REX SE. I put the DX7 receiver on that and top of the line digital servos. My Gyro is a little lame - e-flite G90, but for now it does the job.

So Basically I've been flying for 2 1/2 months - and a lot of that time was waiting to buy replacement parts and repair crash damage. I dumped my t-rex one time - I say dumped because I didn't crash it - I dumped it (Crashed on purpose) I was flying at night and lost orientation so I figured - better to crash in the grass where I wanted to rather than smash the neighbors front window.

I started forward flight last weekend - I run it forward, start pulling back on cyclic, it climbs and the blades get vertical, i then flip the tail around and go back the other direction. That got boring fast, so then I started trying to circle around me with it using the rudder to turn. That worked, but it seemed that there was a better way - so I thought about it in my head and started to work out - why couldn't I roll it a little to the side then pull back - I figured I wouldn't need as much rudder input if I did it that way, and the turn would look more natural. This weekend I started trying that out - worked really well - I got it hauling some serious butt. I don't know how fast I was going but I had it wayy wayy up in the air and pretty far out and I was getting dizzy following it around the sky. I also started using stunt mode this weekend. I wanted to see if I could stop it from climbing when I transition from forward in one direction to forward in the opposite direction. That is also working good for me - I seem to be progressing very fast. I've been reading up on loops all week and this weekend. I am itching to do a loop!!! I've been contemplating it quite a lot. I picture flying forward, pulling back on the cyclic, letting it climb and bank up, then just continue going that direction instead of turning around, applying some reverse pitch and bring it all the way around. I keep figuring - I'd better wait and get better at what I've been doing...

Here's the cool part -
I was circling around me really fast - it must of been doing at least 85 - I'd love to know - but anyways - I've been relulctant to circle it around while it's in front of me - I can nose in hove a little bit, but not very comfortable yet - so with the whole banking turn thing - I figured it wouldnt be that hard. I tried and suceeded doing it, so I was trying some more. Well - I must of lost orientation because it was circling in front of me once, twice, and on the third time I noticed that it was comming down really fast - I finally realized that it was up-side-down and was like WOAH!! I think I moved my cyclic too hard to one side and it rolled into it - all I know is once I saw what it was doing I pulled cyclic back and she pulled right out! Completely Awesome!!! I think I am going to try to do it again - but on pursose - I'll fly forward, roll it hard till its inverted, apply some light reverse collective, then pull back the cyclic - that would be a cool way to turn it around! YEAH!! Anyways - I am really PUMPED!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
endeavor_635650

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First 3d move - By Accident!

That would be called a "half and half". Half of a loop, plus half of a roll; or vice versa. Congrats!

Brian