Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Loops, just do them

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Loops, just do them

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Carbsumer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loops, just do them

Thanks to this thread I finally got the nerve up to do a backflip on my v2. Shockingly, it worked fine. The first one was like a corkscrew, moving off to the right (probably because I was too tense to keep the stick centered while pulling back).

I did a bunch more this afternoon and they're getting cleaner. I don't think I'd ever have tried them without practicing for house in RealFlight first.

My real flying is slowly catching up to my sim flying. The real heli isn't any more difficult to fly, I just have to overcome the mental block.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:31 AM
l8braker

ORIGINAL: Carbsumer

My real flying is slowly catching up to my sim flying. The real heli isn't any more difficult to fly, I just have to overcome the mental block.
I feel the same way.....Real Flight is pretty accurate except it doesn't give you that gut wrenching feeling haha It is a great way to learn the technique though!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Crabstick

yep, the mental block is half of the issue! i just went for it one day and havent looked back .. on the sim your not scared to crash as it doesnt cost money, I think its a fear of the heli just falling out of the sky lol !
Old 06-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Cleared2Engage

Well, I finally got the nerve to do my first loop. It started off more as an "accidental" backflip. I was a good 70 feet or so up when it occurred. After I finally pulled it off I went ahead and used up the rest of the battery trying full on loops. A little sloppy right now, and my hands were shakin' when I was done. Damn that was sweet. I also finally broke down and got the gy401 and digi servo. That helped out a lot bieng that I was using the econo align gyro. Can't wait for the battery to get done charging.