Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Chinese T-Rex Knock off??? PHOENIX 450SE

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Chinese T-Rex Knock off??? PHOENIX 450SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Mr Nice Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese T-Rex Knock off??? PHOENIX 450SE

Saw this on ebay. Anyone know anything about it http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PHOENIX-450S...QQcmdZViewItem Looks very much like my T-rex SE. The red is actually Kinda cool. I wouldn't trust it though.

Lee
Old 04-12-2007, 09:47 AM
[]TEX[]

Default RE: Chinese T-Rex Knock off??? PHOENIX 450SE

Looks nice, they don't list who it is made by and no manual.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 AM
twistercp

uses philips head screws - dont think trex uses those - could be wrong, looks very shiny tho!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
whattheheli

looks good to me ! if i had the money right now i would buy it ! maybe it is a knockoff ! but a darn good one by the looks !
Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Mr Nice Guy

My SE has a few phillips screws (mostly on the head) but most are hex.
ORIGINAL: twistercp

uses philips head screws - dont think trex uses those - could be wrong, looks very shiny tho!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
soneebee

This is similar to the Copter X heli.. its really a good heli and not that different from the TREX 450SE all parts are interchangeable...
Old 04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Tolla

If the Trex wasn't so good it wouldn't be knocked off so much. I'll stick with my rex....
Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
gt_jumper

It is now faily obsolite though knowing the SE V2 is out. It might be a bit like all the clone 'shockflyers' that hit the scene hoping for a crumb of the market. But from what i have seen come from both companies align is the better quality kit, the other still works a treat and if i havent already spent thousands on my T-rex i would buy it too.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
ct420

I agree, it looks good, but at $300 it's not really much of a bargain compared to a REX. You can get an SE v1 with motor and ESC for about $350-$375 right now. Of course, that's without the $65 carrying case.

Also, when you crash it, and have to start replacing the red parts with blue ones (because you can't find red anywhere??) that is going to look a little funky
Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
cflight

That sure looks like the SkyShark/Diablo soon to be released by Rc-Tek, except it looks like an underslung flybar. http://www.rc-tek.com/us_store/rc-te...shark-c32.html
Could it be a Phantom in aluminum? http://www.rc-tek.com/us_store/rc-te...50-xl-c35.html
I would bet they're feeling out the market for pricing.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
bmw330i

ORIGINAL: Tolla

If the Trex wasn't so good it wouldn't be knocked off so much. I'll stick with my rex....
Good point. I have owned a Walkera 60, 64#C and they fly great but God forbid you hit anything or have a hard landing...stuff starts bending and breaking right & left. Try and tighten down screws and they strip, try and loosen them and the heads are so soft they strip...

Finally realize getting a 450SE is going to save me money due to the quality of the parts (things will fit tight without stripping, not bend/break so easily) and it's proven design.

Yep, I think Align stuff is copied so often for a reason.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM
soneebee

The TREX 450SE parts are not that strong. I have replaced a couple of main shaft, feathering shaft, tail shafts, flybars, grip bearings, boom and blades, on my SE. If it crashes it breakes.. that for sure... have not seen a heli that can withstand even slight crashes without something getting out of sync. minor bends always causes vibrations that make the heli not fit to fly... may cause problems in the long run so its best that you replaced the parts even in slight bends...

ORIGINAL: bmw330i

Good point. I have owned a Walkera 60, 64#C and they fly great but God forbid you hit anything or have a hard landing...stuff starts bending and breaking right & left. Try and tighten down screws and they strip, try and loosen them and the heads are so soft they strip...

Finally realize getting a 450SE is going to save me money due to the quality of the parts (things will fit tight without stripping, not bend/break so easily) and it's proven design.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
jbolt1

if you go to heliwarehouse.com it also comes in blue and titanium.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:03 PM
duaneh1

ORIGINAL: soneebee

The TREX 450SE parts are not that strong. I have replaced a couple of main shaft, feathering shaft, tail shafts, flybars, grip bearings, boom and blades, on my SE. If it crashes it breakes..
Those are the parts that are supposed to break!!! Better than breaking main frames, swashplates, blade grips, see-saws, etc!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
gixxernoob

ORIGINAL: bmw330i

I agree... btw the price of the kit is $299 which is pretty close to what other online and LHS are selling the Align 450se w/o electronics which is around 380 bucks...
Old 04-14-2007, 01:52 AM
soneebee

Yup... I have broke a bottom frame once... it splits on were the screw bolts in... align replacement parts are thicker... not sure why...

[quote]ORIGINAL: duaneh1

Those are the parts that are supposed to break!!! Better than breaking main frames, swashplates, blade grips, see-saws, etc!!!
[/quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:07 PM
pawraith

looks a lot like the helimax mx-450. its almost identicle to the trex but has red aluminum.