Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

How do I power my receiver? (AR7000)

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

How do I power my receiver? (AR7000)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:29 AM
eflowmit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I power my receiver? (AR7000)

I just received a 450SE V2 and a Spektrum DX7 radio (heli version) with an AR7000. The DX7 manual gives ZERO information on powering the receiver - it mentions charging a receiver battery, but did not come with one. I bought it as a combo (with HS65HBs, S9650, and a 401 gyro) and it looks like the servos that normally come with the radio were removed. Should there have been a battery? The DX7 manual does not even give voltage limitations for the receiver. Do I power it with the 11.1V battery? If so, what connector do I need?

Also, is the AR6100 worth the slight weight difference (I considered getting one, as I am already going to be adding the extra weight of training gear).

Thanks for any help - I am fairly new to this and got bored with my Blade CX2. I realize this is a big step up so I am going to pick up a simulator today. I am probably going to get RealFlight as it looks like I would have to upgrade my graphics card for FSOne. I will take my time putting everything together, and get some stick time on the computer while I do it.

Tim Wolfe
Old 06-23-2007, 10:44 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: How do I power my receiver? (AR7000)

Plug the wire from the ESC into the throttle channel of the reciever then when you lug the main battery into the ESC it powers up th motor and reciever... The ESC has what's called a BEC battery elimination circuit inside it.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:49 AM
ndoren

There is a battery eliminator eliminator circuit (BEC) in the ESC and it provides suitable power to the AR6100/7000 receiver. Thus, you don't need an extra battery for the receiver. The receiver is designed for a wide ranging input voltage ... 3.5v-9v, so either the G or X version of the Align ESC should work. You'll need to program the ESC to properly control the motor. I HIGHLY suggest the Bob White (finless) videos, which go through a detailed programming example for the ESC. It also shows the ESC and receiver out of the heli, and you can actually SEE how the two are wired together.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:10 AM
eflowmit

Thanks very much! I have the videos bookmarked and will be using them for each step of assembly and setup. This box of parts I just received is much more intimidating than the CX2. But I didn't even consider an RTF for this one since I would rather see how it all goes together now instead of after my first crash.

Tim