Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Common Sense RC Charger/Balancer

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Common Sense RC Charger/Balancer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 PM
nasrr73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Common Sense RC Charger/Balancer

Anyone have any experience good or bad with Common Sense RC products ?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
markzr7

Default RE: Common Sense RC Charger/Balancer

I have 4 lipos from them
never had a problem
Great tech help & very nice
Old 08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
spike5150

I have their 2Amp, 4S Max Balance Charger. I use it with my 3S Thunder Power 2100 mAH packs and my E-Flte Blade CP-Pro 3S 800 mAH packs. Works great so far. Not sure of model number.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
zurie

I also have this charger. This charger is the same charger as DN Power, Tenergy, and Common Sense. Same charger sold to multiple battery outlets.

its 4 1 cell chargers in 1 unit wired to parrallel charge your cells... it works great, i've repaired a damaged battery that had 1 totally depleted cell and the other 2 were 4.2 volts. it charged it right up. the only disadvantage of this charger is the Power supply which is connected via tamyami connectors is CRAP. it will most likely fail randomly??? i had 2 of the power supplies fail and I had to end up bying a 3rd party supply because "all-battery.com" failed to give me a RMA after the second unit they sent me failed... they were like TOO BAD (i will never buy from all-battery.com they are cheapskates and they are horrible for customer service) The other disadvantage to this charger is its limited to 2 amps. my BC-6 can charge upwards of 8 amps?

2 amps is NOT a bad thing if you use 2200 mah packs maximum... as 2200 packs should be charged at 2.2 amps = 1C

the other thing it doesn't have is a MAH input counter to show you how many MAH you are putting back in your pack... you always want to put in no more than 80% of your MAH.. so if you have a 2000 mah battery you want to deplete it enough so you put back in 1800 MAH "MAX" if you use any other charger, it tells you this, and you can adjust your flight times to get a perfect 1800 mah coming out of your battery which leads to longer life.

I purchased a e-station BC-6. it has AC/DC power built in and is awesome.. but with adapters it comes out to around 180 - 200 dollars...

you can buy a CELL PRO 4S for around 60 - 70 dollars that will BLOW your DN power charger out of the water..

i would buy in this order

BC-6 = 169 - 200 dollars
CELLPOWER 4S - 70 bucks
DN POWER - 80 bucks + 20 bucks for the adapter to plug into AC power.

so if you HAVE to buy DN power, just beware of the slower charge the bad power supply problem.