Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

A Day with the T-Rex 450SE

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

A Day with the T-Rex 450SE

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
MarvC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Day with the T-Rex 450SE

Just getting into the hobby now two months ago I have had a large learning curve mostly patching the Axe Cp and finally getting to the T-Rex 450SE.
As most here I have spent a lot of time on G3.5 but with the simulator and actual flying time I am getting comfortable with the helicopter.
I was invited to the 114 RC Aero Squadron today located in Grapevine, Texas.
This field is a flyer's dream well manicured and well managed. I shot the bull with many of the more experienced pilots and many helped out tremendously answering my questions and just engaging in RC talk.
The flight experience level amazed me just to see what the capabilities of the larger helicopters as well as the 450SE out there was mind blowing.
I flew RC fixed wing for years and helicopters and maintenance is a challenge to learn.
I flew about 12 flights today in the 101 degree heat had to limit the flights to 6-7 minutes due to the on board electronics and the heat.
I am no where near the level of some of these guys but there were many out there at the same level as I some a little less.
I can hover FF out and back circle and correct for crosswinds with regularity and no pucker factors finally.

Anyway I really enjoyed the half day spent at the field everyone was so very helpful. If you live in the Dallas Metroplex you need to check this place out.
AMA license is required as well as future membership. I am going to Tuesdays meeting to get my membership rolling.

A few shots at the field one of the nicest I have seen.

My T-Rex recharging for more flying tomorrow after Church. Have around 5 hours total on the bird so far trouble free just have to do the regular post flight and
pre flight checks. I really enjoy this sport.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
scott_hurst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Day with the T-Rex 450SE

Looks like a nice field.... too bad it is so far from me. It does look like a nice place to visit when I am on that side of town, though.

Howdy Marv!