Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Tail servo randomly becomes non-responsive

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Tail servo randomly becomes non-responsive

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 PM
bry14661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail servo randomly becomes non-responsive

Just had a crash and i just rebuilt the heli, its a new tail servo but i tried swapping it and it still happens.
I have the copterX and i got it early on so i didnt know not to buy it with the... well.. sub-par electronics. But thats what im workin with. So i plug in my lipo and the servo glitches.. then nothing.. non responsive completely. BUT then i unplug and replug the lipo and it works fine for about 3 minutes untill im out trimming the heli and it stops again completely dead. no response from transmitter or gyro.
on the times where i plug it in, it glitches and dies ive tried to unplug the servo and reconnect it to the connecter that runs through the gyro and it glitches again then nothing.

it works sometimes and doesnt on others. im afraid to even continue trimming it out like this. any ideas what the problem is?

Hitec servo
SKYA LX303 gyro
Old 10-11-2007, 07:42 AM
USHobbySupply

Default RE: Tail servo randomly becomes non-responsive

How big was the crash? Its possible that one of the other servos is taking a nose dive and causing various issues. Try one servo at a time (unplug the rest). plug in batt. Did it glitch and die? no, try adding another servo. repeat?

Or have you tried (testing only, no flight) to take the gyro out of the loop. Try the tail gyro on ch4 and see if you get normal response from it. of course this has to be perfomed on the ground, but it will tell you how the tail servo is really acting based on the signal from the rx. if its normal, but then happens again after adding back in the gyro, then it might just be the gyro.

May not be it, but is a good place to start.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
rlsloan

It's a good idea to have an extra rx available just for servo testing. Check the function of all your servos before flying.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
bry14661

i have a spare rx im just reluctant to put it in as i just finished doing a 100% rebuild on it from the crash...
extent on crash was a boom strike from coming down to fast and it ruined the boom, main shaft, tail shaft, tail servo, tail control arm, feathering shaft, carbon blades. gyro wasnt hit but it must be the problem as i plugged the servo directly into the rx and it works great, smoother movements, no glitching, and has a longer throw. Does anybody know if there is anything i might of hit like reversing the gyro that could cause this.

so does everyone agree a new gyro is needed?? i just wanna make sure 100%. and if so does anyone know where i can pick up a very cheap 401
Old 10-11-2007, 07:07 PM
USHobbySupply

i think the LGT2100t is a better deal than the 401.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
bry14661

and its as effective as the 401? im not sure, im pretty much in the dark on which gyro is best and which is the best bang for the buck