Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450SE mutt

Old 10-22-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450SE mutt

Hello all. First time posting, and I got some Trex comments/questions for ya.

I recently purchased my second heli, after literally wearing out a Walkera learning to fly. It's suppose to be a 450SE V1 but . . . . . . . . . . . . there's certain components that are (or I believe are) V2. For starters, I know I have the V2 main gear. I also know it came with the V2 ESC (RCE-BL35X) I got an oddball motor in between the V1 and V2 models. (marked 430X, 3550KV) Without going as far as disassembling it, I'm pretty sure I have the V1 head, (looking at the pics on helidirect.com) but I'm pretty certain I have the V2 tail. (no ball joints on the blade grips, no upper fork on the tail-slider control arm) To top it off, all the anodizing is in the older, lighter blue color on all parts. Also, I know Align changed the tail anchor block so the flat faces down to mount the gyro below. I simply flipped mine and the tail boom to make it the same. Sure, the writing is upside down, whoop-dee-doo.

Other than the motor not being 3700KV and the rotor head not being the latest, I practically got a V2 version for the price of a V1. Not too shabby a deal, though, I got to pay a little attention when ordering parts now.

Anyone else end up getting a crossbreed mutt like this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additional recent findings:

After viewing Finless's videos and studying the manuals for both versions, I found out that I also have the V2 CF mainframe and V2 washout base. The more I study the 450SE, the happier I get with my purchase!