Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

dx-7 air or heli diff?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

dx-7 air or heli diff?

Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 PM
oly_rcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx-7 air or heli diff?

was just wondering what the diff is between the dx7 models for air and heli will the air work for helis also? thx
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
hennesseylord

Default RE: dx-7 air or heli diff?

they both are the same tx, only diff is the heli version has a smooth throttle where as the airplane has a rachet feeling....both versions can fly heli (nonccpm or ccpm) or airplanes though.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Druss

yep, just to clarify, they both have the same programming to fly both heli's and airplanes.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
oly_rcer

okay thx for answers reason i asked is i got a great price on a dx-7 on fleabay nib for 170.00 so i got it and the ar6100 to go with it and once i got it i realised it was for planes but is mode 2
Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
soop7667

The other difference is that - the rocker switches at the top of the TX are labeled for Flap trim and something else, I think, and the flight mode switch is where the AUX2 Switch would be on a Heli version. Basically, switching into Normal, stunt 1 or 2, if you want my honest opinion, is going to be a pain in the ***** to get to. Personally, I'd spend the extra and get the heli version.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 AM
p01rogue

ORIGINAL: soop7667

The other difference is that - the rocker switches at the top of the TX are labeled for Flap trim and something else, I think, and the flight mode switch is where the AUX2 Switch would be on a Heli version. Basically, switching into Normal, stunt 1 or 2, if you want my honest opinion, is going to be a pain in the ***** to get to. Personally, I'd spend the extra and get the heli version.

agreed.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
rlsloan

Interesting comment about the ratchet vs. smooth throttle movement. I have only flown with the ratchet type. It works fine. As I train new pilots, it seems to be helpful. I can instruct them to go a click at a time. Any thoughts about pilot training from people flying smooth?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:57 PM
BryFlyGuy67

For flying Helis, that ratchet HAS to go! There are a lot of times when the perfect throttle setting is between "clicks" and you keep finding yourself bobbng up and down slowly as you go back and forth from one catch point to the next. My DX7 doesn't have the ratchet. If it did, I would remove it. That's my personal opinion, anyway. I don't train anyone, so I can't comment on that aspect.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

Thats fine for flying trainers but anyone thats ever flown my Funtana on my heli radio, thats into 3d or anything where precision throttle control is required wants me to mod their transmitters or where to get the heli version of the radio.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:54 AM
oly_rcer

okay got my dx7 air model today was looking it over and going through some of the functions,lots of nice features.about the only complaint i have so far is it looks like they use the same cheesy plastic on this as they do on the dx3 pistol grip,mine cracked easy.
but anyhow the only switches i notice are the gyro is where the idle up switch should be and vice versa,its a real easy fix just to swap these 2 switches and i have already removed the ratchet from the throttle now comes the fun of setting things up,god bless finless lol