Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

ThunderTiger E325 or T-Rex 450

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

ThunderTiger E325 or T-Rex 450

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
raphel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ThunderTiger E325 or T-Rex 450

I need to make a choice between the ThunderTiger E325 & T-Rex 450.
I understand that both of them have almost similar specifications.
Even the cost is almost identical.
Some flyers say that T-Rex is a time tested & proven machine.
Others say that ThunderTiger also provides excellent quality though it has proven itself in the non-electric powered series.
I am thouroughly confused.
Can somebody suggest which one should I buy?
Should I go for the trusty T-rex 450 or consider tthe TT-325?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Default RE: ThunderTiger E325 or T-Rex 450

I have a TREX 450 V2. My buddy at work is building the MT e325. He brought his partially-completed Heli in to work one time and we compared notes. The first thing I noticed is that the e325 is all plastic, whereas the 450 V2 is all aluminum. Not that the MT can't be upgraded to metal parts, but initially, thee is a lot of plastic that will break easily in a crash.

Size-wise, they are about the same. The TREX V2 has a larger motor and is said to be a more powerful, better 3D flyer right out of teh box than the MT. The MT is supposed to be VERY stable and easy for the beginner.

Parts support for the MT is going to be exclusively online, unless you happen to have a really cool LHS near you that stocks MT parts. A lot of LHS' carry Align (TREX) parts locally as well as being able to buy them online.

I believe that the MT e325 is a cheaper (less expensive) kit than the 450 V2.

Comes down to personal preference. I went with teh TREX 450 SE V2 and I am VERY happy with it so far.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:19 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Bry you're comparing apples to oranges. A fair comparison would be the 450SA versus the e325 and out of the two, though they are both nice models, I'd lean towards the MT.

Back to back reviews with identical batteries, servos and gyros.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=923
and
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=932

FWIW I kept the 325
Old 12-13-2007, 04:25 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Good point. Thanks for pointing that out. I got into the TREX game while the V2 is going strong, so I sometimes forget that there are a lot of other TREX models out there.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

I think if you get the metal head stuff like G-Force or Kasama for the mini titan then the V2 comparison would be fair but then the price would be along the same lines.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
simplyraptor

for more info search on Align T-Rex 450 vs Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325? by author esc
Old 12-14-2007, 05:01 PM
alfredbmor

I have the Trex 450 SA version which has some head plastic parts which break easily in a hard crash, most of them are cheap and the better part is that they are already available in my LHS, they also sell some TT helis and parts but most of them have to be ordered.
I have had two mishaps with my Trex since new and I have had it repaired the same day that I visited the LHS that is very convenient to me so I will stay with my Trex for a while.
If I had to buy any of both again I would make a visit to the LHS and see what they are carrying and the availability of parts, then I could make a decision.
I use to fly my Trex almost daily at the end of my work day or at the bed time of my kids so I consider that parts availability are a must. I can not imagine waiting for a whole week to fly my Trex.
Do not trust blindly on marketing but as some guys here have mentioned both helis are almost the same in performance and will provide many hours of fun and distraction so any choice won’t be wrong.