Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

A non-3D gyro question

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

A non-3D gyro question

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
TechRescue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A non-3D gyro question

OK, well apparently my ESC has fried my Y401, Rx, & tail servo...(Expletive!) I am not too concerned with flying 3-D at this time and would like to know what type of gyro would work. I have a Ftba T6EXP Tx. & Brushless motor, (& soon a new ESC) W/a Ftba @9650 tail servo
Also will be lookin for a new Rx. any suggestions there?
Still very new to the kit T-Rex 450x V2 electronics, and need to work on my knowledge of equip./Elec's.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A non-3D gyro question

Um, Futaba GY401?
It is pretty much the standard gyro to get for the T-Rex. It is so very well behaved. You want this good behavior, not just for 3D, but even for beginning hover practice. Especially for beginning hover practice.

How did the ESC fry everything?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
TechRescue

Well, after talking with the Ftba Rep. for about .30 min's. that was his conclusion. I had went through the set-up twice to ensure correct wiring. It was time to prog. the Tx. and when I turned on the batt. disconnect sw. POOF!!![X(] We went through the wiring 1 component @ a time. No discrepancy found there. The least exp. part. (go figure) So... Am not done yet! I admit to not being a Elec. Tech. but I can certainly follow directions.( the Air Force made certain of that!) Heck it wasn't hard to complete, just time consuming as I wanted it all laid in just right.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
ct420

Unless it is totally fried, you should be able to ship your GY401 back to futaba for repairs. Most often, it's pretty inexpensive to get one fixed. It's at least worth checking into IMO...
Old 12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
TechRescue

I called again and spoke to another tech. and he said it's most likely just the Rx. and that if I wanted, they could check and or repair should I choose to send it in. Whew! that's nice to know. Dang thing is pricey!
and thanks for the info!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 338 Likes on 270 Posts

Whats the problem exactly? Might want to go over this with someone thats actually seen a helicopter before you start shipping stuff back and forth.