Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

First loops, second crash!

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

First loops, second crash!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Skarn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First loops, second crash!

Hey all,

Well I took the rex to a local middle school to have some room...nice day about 35 degrees. Was doing nice figure 8's, fast forward flight with nice banked turns, nose in, pirouettes, having a great time flying with no crashes. So midway through my 2nd battery, I said screw it and got some altitude and pulled a very nice loop! Man I was psyched! Flew a few more FFF and landed. Was shaking but feeling great. Had a buddy with me to witness it

So then I put the 3rd battery in, did some more figure 8's flew some circuits very fast then decided to do another loop. Well, I was much lower this time, but felt I had plenty of altitude, as soon as I started the loop, the motor seemed to slow down...not sure why but I should have went full throttle....should have been in idle 1....should have added negative pitch when inverted, but didn't.....ALMOST pulled out of the loop but SLAM into the ground instead. I guess I figured I'd done a perfect one before without being in idle up, she'd be fine again...wrong.

Damage wasn't bad at all...bent boom, flybar and broken landing strut and vertical tailfin. She's back flying now. I didn't even break the woodies!

So all in all, I had a great day flying and getting my first loop in!

Skarn
Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
smokinxtreme
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: First loops, second crash!

we all know **** happens sometime................
Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
matador_24

that happens to me in my 3rd loop, to make you feel better, a week after that, I am doing loops very well, flips and rolls I have crashed 3 times after my first loop, not too bad, I have crashed when trying to fly inverted, I find it hard, I practice in the sim though..... GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
srouthouse

atleast you pulled it off first to say you did it lol before the wreck. my first one it was freaky looking not in idle up mode and the heli came out sidways and stalled lol but i regained but the dang cheap gyro i had kept the tail everywhere but where i aimed it and the heli got away from me lol went through a bush/tree found her in pieces 200 yards away luckly only landing gear and tail shaft so i was under 5 bucks
Old 01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
jdp8488
My Feedback: (11)

my first one was scary too. no idle up, lost way more altitude than expected, almost crashed. tried my second loop in idle up, and it went a lot better.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 AM
eeeclaire69

I have just started doing my first loops and rolls, have done about 5 loops now but on my last attempt i tried to hold it inverted for a few seconds at the top of the loop. I soon lost it in the bright sun light (my excuse) and ditched it hard, i was amazed at the minimal damage, bent main shaft, bent spindle, bent flybar, stripped main gear and a set of servo gears! I think its important to crash now and then to find your limits. For me the ground is the limit!!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Big feet

For me the ground is the limit!!!!!
I think you'll find your not alone there
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
T/Aguy

haha very true...its kinda backwards from what everyone always told me...its not the sky thats the limit...